News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

So how many months will this stay as nice as it is built?
/Will it even be built? Sounds like part of the "gravy train" to me..

build, build, build like crazy before Rob Ford pulls the plug!

why does one of the surface material photos appear to show a homeless guy passed out on the concrete? even if thats not what it really is, thats what it looks like!

This will turn into a skateboarders dream park. Did you look at the wicked launch-ramp and rail that the chess tables make?

It looks spectacular and really raises the bar for urban innovation in this city. Another benefit: when Rob Ford catches wind of this, it could cause his head to explode.

Last edited:
I was at this presentation. The park has some great concepts and I hope it will be well executed as intended
The next (and last) of River City's presentation series should be a good one as Saucier Perrotte will be talking about the buildings of River City. Go to www.rivercitytoronto.com for more info and reserve your spot.

Today I saw that Waterfront Toronto has put up signs on Eastern Avenue and at St Lawrence Street saying that the pedestrian walkway between the two is CLOSED until summer 2012. It was actually still open today but they are clearly getting ready to demolish the existing walkway. (The new walkway has been constructed, though it's still not quite finished, but it will not be opened until Underpass Park is finished.)

The excavation, or removal of top layers of (contaminated?) soil, has begun east of St Lawrence Street.

Back