News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I'm just trying to do the math. Surprises me that Hyatt - would take this on with what? Less than 2 dozen rooms? I don't know what brand they have that would quantify such a small hotel...do they have a boutique brand? I see that the Peg is getting a Hyatt Centric - they'll have more Hyatt's than we do......Nm - I went to their website....they don't have any brand that would encompass this hotel.

seems like it would be part of their "Unbound Collection"
Maintain your independence and individuality with The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, an exclusive portfolio of upper-upscale and luxury properties designed to captivate travelers seeking distinctive experiences with the reassurance of Hyatt.
1712158724063.png

Last edited:
99% of branded hotels are not owned by the hotel chain. They are franchises. Every hotel chain has a brand for every size and variety of hotel including one with only two dozen rooms.

In a secondary or tertiary market, a branded hotel is more likely to be successful.

Not even franchises really; often just management and branding.

I believe there is significant interior work (hotel to office) and redoing the east entrance/patio.

^^
They'll be doing interior demolition (flooring, partitions, finishes etc.), not the building.
^^^

"As the last remaining pre-WWI bank building in Edmonton, we will be bringing the Union Bank building back to a financial institution. Our plans include converting the top two floors into our corporate offices, and completely renovating and upgrading the restaurant and the remaining 26 hotel rooms."

Back