News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Man, this is bitter sweet. 10 years ago I was going to Tonic and System Sound Bar religiously. Condo District is in full swing.

I'm going to miss the clubs and bars, but I really like the facadism, let's hope it turns out good too.

These towers are built in this area because it's a "Hip, Urban, happening place" but they push out the clubs that brought them there in the first place. Eventually the gentrification is complete and the whole 'hood is upper middle-class 50 somethings, walking their chihuahuas.

This will look good for a while, and there's lots to recommend it. It's that enviro thing nagging at me, wondering how this place might mine some of the energy around it, rather than being an energy pig sucking off the grid which seems the more likely scenario. I do like the way the interesting bit of the old building is enveloped rather than looking stuck on and as well the design vocabulary. The giant brick grid could be very handsome.

They are going to paint the red brick? I haven't seen that yet when maintaining the old façade.

Wow, I like that way it's transferring the load from the top.
It looks like one of the glass towers everywhere, but the think black plane between the tower part and the bottom structure and the majestic columns make it very special. :)
I personally think that they have to get rid of the green things on the bottom. It kind of ruins the feeling of the dark and bold columns on the street level.

Last edited:

Back