News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

R

ronald1987

Last monday, a few students and I went to a cinema in Downtown Utrecht and to the Irish Pub afterwards.
While walking through downtown, I took 75 pictures. Many of them turned out real bad. Here are the few pictures that were good enough to be posted.

8477a295.jpg

4b9aac61.jpg

fe23ac2f.jpg

7d02e4a2.jpg

City Hall
6c5b590a.jpg

2ef39694.jpg

there´s bikes everywhere!
7cc4082b.jpg

59de1d4d.jpg

view from a friend´s appartment
dce291ea.jpg

bd0c6c9c.jpg

those things on the ground light up at night!
ee09b8b8.jpg

c3afa9d7.jpg

400e8310.jpg

f04793ba.jpg

Holland´s largest indoor mall (it has got a bad reputation here, the people think it has an 'unsafe' feeling to it)
78b81fab.jpg

Thanks for the photographs! As with your previous pics I continue to be impressed by the streetscapes, and the emphasis on accommodating the pedestrians and cyclists rather than cars. The city looks very "liveable" and attractive.

Thanks for the photographs! As with your previous pics I continue to be impressed by the streetscapes, and the emphasis on accommodating the pedestrians and cyclists rather than cars. The city looks very "liveable" and attractive.
Thnx :) , I think that because most city centres here were built way before the introduction of the automobile, the focus was on being able to get around by bike and by foot. (Unlike N. America, where cities seem to be more spread-out and cars are necessary)
It might also be that lack of space plays a role, as Holland (especially the west) is the world's second most densely populated country, only after Bangladesh. We had to put the limited amount of space available to good use.

Back