News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are bylaws with how visitor parking is allocated/regulated for condos in Toronto?

Some specific questions:
Is there a minimum # of spots required for buildings; potentially related to the number of units in the building?
Can the developer reduce the number of parking spots prior to closing of the condo?
Can the developer make the parking spots available to non-residents (e.g. for use as pay parking)

Thanks

The condo I'm in has 0 visitor spots. So I'm gonna guess this basically means they have cart blanche do do whatever they want as long as it's not specified in the contract. Common elements like this almost never are.

There are definitely ratios that condo developers are aware of but I believe that it is their discretion whether or not they follow them.

Down on Queens Quay my friend lives in one building with about 20 Guest Spots for about 400 Suites. Across the street the guest parking area was sold to Green P so there is no longer free guest parking for the residents friends and family.

For me guest parking is important when living in an area where other parking options are expensive and I wouldnt buy a condo that didnt have guest parking.

Is there no facility for shoppers to park? (though anytime I'm there, I'm on the subway or streetcar).

There are, but it's the Green P (paid parking). No visitor parking for the college park condos.

There are, but it's the Green P (paid parking). No visitor parking for the college park condos.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. And I suppose that visitors can park in the Green P. At such a busy location, I'd think there would be a lot of abuse of visitors spots (yeah, I'll just go and visit my friend downtown ... everytime I go shopping ... :)

I spend a lot of time at College Park waiting for streetcars ... it's never really crossed my mind on how to park there!

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. And I suppose that visitors can park in the Green P. At such a busy location, I'd think there would be a lot of abuse of visitors spots (yeah, I'll just go and visit my friend downtown ... everytime I go shopping ... :)

I spend a lot of time at College Park waiting for streetcars ... it's never really crossed my mind on how to park there!

now come to think of it, i think it might be Blue "P". not Green ...blue = privately owned?? not sure. can't remember. all i kno for sure is that it's paid parking :D

Back