40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
fantastically exciting to think that this could be completed in just 18 months from now! The pace of these projects by Waterfront TO is amazing... the city is getting quite the facelift.

question: so is that Bayview that curves through the park? what kind of traffic volume is anticipated there?

Lots o' earthmoving happening right now. I'm really looking forward to the day the tunnel from the Don River bikepath is unblocked -- this is going to be a really fun park, IMO.

Yes Redroom, that's Bayview, I believe just one traffic lans in each direction. No idea about anticipated volumes, but I would be surprised if it were jammed at all. South of River Street, Bayview has never carried significant traffic (although it will undoubtedly increase somewhat!).

Lots o' earthmoving happening right now. I'm really looking forward to the day the tunnel from the Don River bikepath is unblocked -- this is going to be a really fun park, IMO.

A tunnel under the berm? Wouldn't that allow floor water to get past the berm?

Man, this is one of those projects where it seems that they've been moving earth around FOREVER. I imagine that's because of the brownfield considerations and such. Nice to hear that it'll be done in 18 months... kudos to Waterfront Toronto, everything they have done so far has been excellent (and it's good enough that they're actually getting stuff done!)

Reminds me of Oct.21 2000...wait the provincial government is still touting the same 500 million 10 years later. I look forward to the next convening of politicians in September or October of 2020. By then the provinces 500 million in year 2000 dollars spread over 20 years will have turned out to be a good deal for the treasury.

Back