I guess I am curious to know if the economy is the ONLY thing keeping the sales so low? If it was just the economy I wouldn't hesitate to buy at all. But other places with worse locations are selling. The builders of South Beach and California condos do promote much more heavily than Monarch, so maybe that's a part of it.

sales

I guess I am curious to know if the economy is the ONLY thing keeping the sales so low? If it was just the economy I wouldn't hesitate to buy at all. But other places with worse locations are selling. The builders of South Beach and California condos do promote much more heavily than Monarch, so maybe that's a part of it.

I think you're right. In fact, my wife and I went to look at California condos and South beach and then accidentaly stumbled across Waterscapes. They are definately not promoting it as well as they should.

I'm surprised that Waterscapes hasn't been selling well in recent days. That said, I don't think the other Monarch buildings there are completely sold out - they could be competing with themselves. I'm confident that it will eventually get built - Monarch has a good track record.

Regarding Waterscapes to South Beach to California, they are all very different products and they probably attract different buyers. Buying a condo is a big purchase / investment. Behind all the 'smoke and mirrors', I think it comes down to what has to be paid, details in sales agreements, location, suite layout and builder track record that will be most important to the buyer. Of course there are many other factors that could be mentioned as well.

Hi all,
New to the thread and new to the Condo market....
I was at the sales center this pass weekend and was told that they are now 40% sold.

I like the community very much so even though I had not plan to buy anything, I end up putting on hold one of the the T615 unit and now am trying to figure out a couple of things, which I hope to get some opinion.

The unit is facing NE so no waterview, can't really afford them...:(
However, I do want to have at least some city/skyline view. My concern is whether the other buildings are too close that I end up facing a wall of concrete. It looks to me there is a good distance between the buildings but I don't know for sure. I never lived in a condo so what appears to be a good distance from the outside may not be the same when looking out from the unit.

My other question is that the price seems high at $270K without a waterview, I have every intention to move in in 3 or 4 years, still would like to see this as a good investment...will something downtown have better potential??

Someone point out the water sewage smell thing, should I be concerned??

I know it is very tough to have definite answer to the questions but your opinion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

tend to agree Waterscape looks like a good project but a lot of people havent even heard of this project,in the condo magazine they placed an ad for one month then nothing.Cant blame the economy some other projects are doing well.They must get their act together on the ad placements.What is the pricing for a lake view unit at the mid floor range?..

Yeah, I would never knew about this project if my real estate agent friend did not tell me.

Depends on what size you are looking at
I was told the T620 will have water/city view and I think they are starting at $301K.

I put on hold the T615 which is right next to it and the price difference is
$40K cheaper. From the elevation, I can't see how T620 will have a lake/city view...

Don't know if the view of T620 is that big a difference to warrant the $40K, may be someone can help answer the question??

And according to the salesperson, prices is going up as of tomorrow.....

Last edited:
Yeah, I would never knew about this project if my real estate agent friend did not tell me.

Depends on what size you are looking at
I was told the T620 will have water/city view and I think they are starting at $301K.

I put on hold the T615 which is right next to it and the price difference is
$40K cheaper. From the elevation, I can't see how T620 will have a lake/city view...

Don't know if the view of T620 is that big a difference to warrant the $40K, may be someone can help answer the question??

And according to the salesperson, prices is going up as of tomorrow.....
Well? Did you go through with it?

I did Waterscape-guy.
Purchased the T615
Apparently, they are now 90% sold based on the salesperson
Kind of interesting in a matter of 2 weeks, it went from 40% to 90% sold...

for both this and nautilus monarch is holding out the best units until the construction is complete. since the best units on the top floors now are selling for close to 700k they are hoping that in the next 2-3 years those units will get closer to 1 million.

I did Waterscape-guy.
Purchased the T615
Apparently, they are now 90% sold based on the salesperson
Kind of interesting in a matter of 2 weeks, it went from 40% to 90% sold...

90%? I find that hard to believe. Either way, congratulations on your purchase. I feel this will be an awesome place to live.

Thanks, I hope so. Like I mentioned in my previous post, this was an impulse purchase because I like the community and the fact it is right by the water. I now live in Richmond Hill and all the new development I see along Yonge Street in North York is amazing but it is getting very crowded....

I also like this project but its %90 sold???..last time I was there about three months ago its was only %45

I don't know if it is true or not, I myself find it hard to believe.
I purchased mine 3 weeks ago and at that time, I was told 50% sold.

I have to say though, there were quite a lot of people/potential buyers when I was there and the week after when I went back to pick up the package.....

Did you pick up any unit??

facing east in this building, will I get any water view?

or will it be cn tower+city

also what are the chances of smelling the bad smell from lakeshore more east being at these condos?

Last edited:

Back