I think either view would be sweet but here are a couple of pictures. One of the scaled model and the other is a N/E View (I think).

caddyfleet,
According to the documentation, the front of the podium (facing the water) is pointing S/E. If the compass on their drawings is correct, east would give you the CN Tower view across the bay. That would be awesome.

what i find a bit concerning is that purchasers of the 620 unit are being told there's a waterview and that unit is n/e ...

even these s/e units barely see the water

Waterscapes @ Waterview by Monarch

Hi all,

First off, I'm new to the UT and have to say that this site if packed with useful information. I have been looking at Waterscapes and have a quick question about the layout that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on.

I read here that people are skeptical that the 615 will be able to get a lake view. I am considering the 625 model (615 is sold out) and was hoping someone would be able to tell me if they think I would be able to get a view of the lake or skyline from the balcony?

Thanks

welcome to UT ludetuner ...

based on my quick overlay ... I am of the opinion that Suite 625 (shown in red) will have a northwesterly view directly towards Nautilus, there will be NO lake nor downtown skyline views (unless you consider Nautilus + Voyager as the 'skyline')

Suite 615 (shown in orange) is not much better with a northerly view directly towards Voyager

Waterscapes_aerial.jpg

welcome to UT ludetuner ...

based on my quick overlay ... I am of the opinion that Suite 625 (shown in red) will have a northwesterly view directly towards Nautilus, there will be NO lake nor downtown skyline views (unless you consider Nautilus + Voyager as the 'skyline')

Suite 615 (shown in orange) is not much better with a northerly view directly towards Voyager

Waterscapes_aerial.jpg

Thanks for the diagram Solaris! Do you happen to have any idea how close Waterscapes will be to Nautilus?

I estimate that there will be approximately 60m / 200 ft between Nautilus & Waterscape towers ...

Some materials that you may also be interested in:
the Humber Bay Shores Masterplan gives some nice building / views context - http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-10426.pdf

some images from the Masterplan ... Nautilus would be the yellow coloured building in the centre, Waterscapes to the south, Waterways (Conservatory Group) to the west, and Palace Pier + Palace Place to the far right

Click to Enlarge

Thanks Solaris!

With regards to negotiating with the Monarch Waterscapes project, has anyone been successful in negotiating the down payment amount and terms and the upgrades?

while I'm not trying to pour cold water on your recent new condo purchase (which I totally agree is exciting), it may be of your benefit to not get too attached/hyped on the project too soon :) ... because the more you anticipate the more annoyed you'll be at the end when the unit is finally ready in 3-4 years time + whatever delays

Here we are 3 years later with 3 more to go!! You were definately correct in your statement.

Last edited:
Does everyone think Summer 2014 is realistic? My unit is below ground.

Back