News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

emma23miller

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi!

Does anyone have tips/suggestions for affordable venues (and florists and other wedding stuff) in and around Toronto?

We didn't even want an actual wedding, but the parents on both sides are driving us nuts, so as a compromise I want to do something that will be as affordable, hassle-free, and simple as possible. Preferably a place that has an event planning team that will help as part of the deal...yeah I am really lazy and not into weddings. :(

Emma

Well we went for the park in the middle of Streetsville; you can book the entire island.

And then we did it in the daytime. With no music or liquor. (though I'm quite sure sneaking in a couple boxes of bubbly wouldn't evey be a real issue ... and we might have done if it we weren't too lazy).

Essentially it was a huge picnic, using the picnic tables that are there, and a lot of plastic tablecloths. Catering was a truck from Longo's timed for just after the ceremony, with way too much picnic food, and 2-dozen pies of all sorts from the Apple Factory.

And we only had to wander a few feet away to do photos! A couple of people brought guitars ... some people played croquet, the kids spent the day running around with balls, frisbees, etc.

Simple, cheap ... and immeasurably more enjoyable than many of the events I've attended. (not that cheap was the point ... we just didn't want the "big wedding").

But if your thinking of an "event planning team", your probably in a different world than I am!

well, I mentioned the event planning team as a way to get someone else to do the work of organizing the whole thing and recommending a photographer/cake/music and whatever else...(I don't want/need a wedding planner though).

An outdoor wedding is a good idea in general, but with this past summer I just don't want to risk it, the weather is so unpredictable here. I do like the idea of a daytime event, was the Longo's food good? And having different pies/small cakes is also a good idea, everyone can have the type of dessert they like..
Thanks for the ideas!

Its been a while, but we did the Enoch Turner Schoolhouse...on Trinity and King hidden behind the Police Building at Parliament. Very cool setting. The caterer they recommended was great and took care of almost anything.

Okay...I'm from Kitchener and I've never met anybody who got married at the Tim's.

Sunnyside Pavilion always seems like a nice place. I don't know how much it costs...

I attended a recent wedding. Church ceremony at 11am, and then a Chinese buffet at 1:30pm. No professional photographer was hired; a call went out to all guests to buff up their photography skills and especially for all DSLR owners. The couple would pick and choose from the best pics to create an album.

Quick, fast and as things go nowadays, cheap.

Back