News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

What's with the dedicated right turn lanes in the second picture? Very suburban. How about a narrower road instead?

I wish there were some labeled points of reference in the renders, I have difficulty figuring out exactly where I am in that first render. Like, for example, where is the Distillery... to the left (west) of that?

Re: the right turn lanes, I notice that the bike lanes on the right edge seem to weave out and make room for the right turn lanes. I think the purpose might be to make it safer for cyclists, who won't get stuck trying to squeeze by on the right of turning cars. Or maybe we're looking for too much detail in this very high-level render.

I wish there were some labeled points of reference in the renders, I have difficulty figuring out exactly where I am in that first render. Like, for example, where is the Distillery... to the left (west) of that?

yep. This is Cherry street, looking North. The first street is Front street, which in the master plan is to become a major promenade for cafes, pedestrians and shops. Part of the plan is to use the existing buildings as an historical entry point (the Canary Restaurant building is in that render).

I really hope the Ford brothers don't screw this up for us. This part of the city has been a vacant eyesore for decades. Turning this mini-wasteland into a thriving neighbourhood is obviously the right way to go.

Back