News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I have to say Steve Paikin's response is good.

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...assment-allegation-made-by-sarah-thomson.html

I've lived a good life, and have never done any of the things we're seeing alleged, but I have to wonder if that's enough protection from career threatening allegations like Paikin faces.

What happens when they come for you? And what can an accused person do to defend themselves when there's no court or legal proceedings to test the evidence and defend one's reputation?

Last edited:
Soon all men will have an accusation.
True enough, who’d a thought our feminist PM would now wear his own accusation? #himtoo?

I just wish we’d bet away from the suggestion or mindset that everyone is entitled to their own truth. Either it happened or or did not, there is only one truth.

Him: it was consensual

Her: I didn’t consent

Her: I didn’t feel I had a choice. I couldn’t afford to lose my job.

Her: I told people but no one believed me

Her: I was told to put it behind me. He’s an important person, and you can’t ruin his reputation.

There’s more than one truth

Last edited:

Her: I was told to put it behind me. He’s an o port at person, and you can’t ruin his reputation.

I see what you're saying and it's sadly valid in this context but truth isn't subjective.

Her: I was told to put it behind me. He’s an important person, and you can’t ruin his reputation.

No, there is only one truth... Her's: I didn’t consent.

Last edited:
You should talk to some of the victims. You should be the victim of a power play when you feel you don’t have a choice. It’s not so clear cut. It would be wonderful if it were. If it were that simple, we wouldn’t have a #metoo movement and victims wouldn’t be ridiculed for waiting so long to come forward, their stories would be believed and they wouldn’t be further victimized for telling the truth.

I understand all that but the truth is still not subjective.

No thanks on the invite. I've been molested a couple of times, nothing egregious and life-altering but disgusting and unwanted all the same. I'm not really interested in taking those experiences to the next level.

See, my point is that the truth shouldn't be subjective but it is. When a victim says #metoo, s/he is villified for waiting so long, s/he is doubted, s/he is told "that's how it is". It's only recently that the perpetrator is now going through that same villification -- previously they were always believed, now not so much. That's why #metoo exists, because the victim's truth has not been accepted or it has been ignored. And that's all got to do with power and control.

I spent the weekend talking to a victim of a high profile case who has kept silent until now because it involved a very powerful person (who has fallen), no one believed it before but they do now because there were multiple victims, and now the victims have to go through the whole "why did you keep silent so long", when in fact they didn't.

And yeah, #metoo.

Yeah, it's rough business and the expanse of psychological harm done by all facets of these situations is horrifyingly complex and encompassing.
It's true that truth is not always self-evident, especially when the facts are not easily verifiable.

Why are some people found to be more believable than others?

Personally, I've dealt with enough rubbish with my sister and girlfriends to know that when I hear a story, the creep is usually an obvious perpetrator. I'm never surprised anymore.

Hope your friend is doing alright. You as well. :)

Roberto Osuna is going to return to baseball once his 75-game suspension is finished.

He may be a great closer, but in my opinion, he should not wear a Jays uniform, even if he's proven not guilty.

Misogyny is not to be condoned in any way, and therefore, I support the movement.

It helps that I choose to be celibate. Yes, I have quite a number of female friends (all platonic) and they too support the movement.

Last edited:
Roberto Osuna is going to return to baseball once his 75-game suspension is finished.

He may be a great closer, but in my opinion, he should not wear a Jays uniform, even if he's proven not guilty.

Misogyny is not to be condoned in any way, and therefore, I support the movement.

It helps that I choose to be celibate. Yes, I have quite a number of female friends (all platonic) and they too support the movement.

If he's proven 'not guilty', then why call him a 'misogynist'? That is insane, and you are virtue signalling. (Virtue signalling is deriving recognition and status for free, without sacrificing or risking anything for the cause in question). And if you think being celibate protects you,think again.

MeToo has been thoroughly compromised. I knew something was wrong when blond multi-millionaire Fox newscasters scored $10M settlements because some execs made some unwelcome passes. I'm sure chambermaids, nannies, secretaries around the word are saying "what the hell"?

Anyway, female opportunists have wrecked the movement, thinking of Bourdains girlfriend, Steve Paikan fake accuser, that unamed accuser of the BC writer etc.

If he's proven 'not guilty', then why call him a 'misogynist'? That is insane, and you are virtue signalling. (Virtue signalling is deriving recognition and status for free, without sacrificing or risking anything for the cause in question). And if you think being celibate protects you,think again.

MeToo has been thoroughly compromised. I knew something was wrong when blond multi-millionaire Fox newscasters scored $10M settlements because some execs made some unwelcome passes. I'm sure chambermaids, nannies, secretaries around the word are saying "what the hell"?

Anyway, female opportunists have wrecked the movement, thinking of Bourdains girlfriend, Steve Paikan fake accuser, that unamed accuser of the BC writer etc.

Once the allegations are made it’s over. I think that’s the problem. During an argument, I remember having a woman tell me that she’ll tell the police I assaulted her. There are opportunists and people who aren’t well that will take advantage of how quickly men get thrown under the bus with any allegation. Stories get made up all the time and even when they are proven to be fabricated the damage is already done.

I don’t know if Osuna is guilty or not but the fact that someone thinks he should lose his job and be shamed even if found not guilty shows just how much damage this movement can inflict in the wrong hands.

You can’t even flirt with a woman anymore. Why do we take everything too far these days? Social media has made a mess of things.

Last edited:
Once the allegations are made it’s over. I think that’s the problem.
I do wish employers would stop firing or disciplining men based on allegations. If a crime has occurred, the police need to be called and the justice system needs to do its thing. It amazes me that I can get fired solely because someone alleges I’ve done something - now that’s power. I hope it’s only a matter of time before that becomes exhibit one in wrongful dismissal and slander cases
You can’t even flirt with a woman anymore.
Of course I want all people to be taken seriously when making serious allegations (especially if others are at risk), and I’d like the very activities that lead to such allegations to stop now. Yet, I have no idea how anyone dates today. Mind you I’m married now 20 years, but with the risk far exceeding the potential rewards I’d never approach anyone to express any interest and even if I did, never make the first move, or any move for that matter. It’s like the school dances of my youth, with all the guys against the wall, afraid to take any initiative. I’d probably join some movement like https://www.mgtow.com/

Last edited:

Back