News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Thanks. But I really did not do much.

Some things went wrong with my flyers. And I only got about 350-400 flyers out. That is not good, considering there was like 12,000 voters.

Anyway it was still a good learning expirence. And atleast my name is out there, and the issues have been brought up.

But if you think about it. I did not do to bad with 395 votes, considering I only got about 400 flyers out.

If was able to get my planned 4,000 flyers out. Then who know's. I could have had over 1,000 votes.

You actually got more votes.... 423 according to the city of Toronto website. :b That's pretty impressive considering that you weren't even in the candidate profiles on the site or described fully by the Star article you posted.

www.toronto.ca/vote2003/results/live/results_index.htm?000,038,119,312,202,403,

Besides there seemed to be more than 6 candidates originally and apparently some of them dropped out.... great work putting forth the effort to the end.

Congratulations! I don't know what your platform was, but just by taking part you have made a contribution.

Congrats, Mike!

The people who you reached with your limited campaigning obviously liked what you had to say. You got about one vote for each flyer you handed out! That's amazing! More than 3% of the total vote is nothing to sneeze at.

I hope you run again sometime. Next time you just need to work a little harder at getting your message out to more people!

Mike if you are able to get access to the poll by poll results - it would be interesting to see if there were places you tended to pick up more votes. I'd venture to guess that in the place you debated late last week - you probably got the most votes from those people. Ditto for the areas where you dropped off your flyers. Let us know if that's the case.

Back