News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Reena81

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi There,

I'm 26yr old female from London, UK. Looking to get a work permit and apply for jobs in Canada - not sure where though?

I'm definately looking for the city life, but somewhere with guaranteed good summer weather! I don't want it to be like England! :(

I'd appreciate if you guys could recommend some cities? Toronto? Montreal?

Thanks ,

Reena.

Hi There,

I'm 26yr old female from London, UK. Looking to get a work permit and apply for jobs in Canada - not sure where though?

I'm definately looking for the city life, but somewhere with guaranteed good summer weather! I don't want it to be like England! :(

I'd appreciate if you guys could recommend some cities? Toronto? Montreal?

Thanks ,

Reena.

You can't go wrong with Montreal or Toronto, though the latter has the better job market at the moment. Calgary is doing well, but I don't think it offers the urban experience you'll get in either Toronto or Montreal. Vancouver would be a nice city to check out, if you can find a job there.

The best thing about Toronto and Montreal is that you'll have easy access to either if you choose one of them, along with some major US cities.

I would aim for Toronto. Good location, good opportunities, largest city in Canada and plenty to do. Vancouver is probably the next best option, although if you're into the West Coast with the mountains and the ocean, you may prefer Vancouver to Toronto. Montreal would be difficult unless you speak French, but it's close enough to Toronto that you could do weekend trips by train. Calgary is a hot area for jobs but a bit isolated and not in the same league as Canada's top three cities.

Every once in a while I actually agree with ganjavih.

Major cities in Canada,
Vancouver - really nice city - but expensive - wages do not reflect the additional cost.
Calgary - very hot job market, but finding a place that you could afford (and live in) -- is near impossible.
Toronto - A good balance between cost, and job market. It is the largest economy in Canada, has a reasonable night life, and a good variety of restaurants (good quality as well). It is a little hot in the summer, and a little cold in the winter -- but no place is perfect.
Montreal - It is quite a bit different than Toronto, but also a good balance between cost and job market. French language accounts for 70% (estimate) of the city, and although you can live easily speaking only English in Montreal -- the job market will be much more difficult to handle (did not say whether you speak french).

I think Toronto is your best bet. I think from the title that you are already aware that Canada participates in the working holiday visa system (1 year I think) -- so the visa should not be an issue.

Oh, forgot -- if you do come to Toronto -- you should probably try to locate near the subway (tube) system -- it is not that extensive (only 2 and a bit lines).

I think Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver are your best bet job wise.
However Toronto, i you have nothing secured or any contacts before you will have trouble finding, in the residence I currently live in there are a few Brits and Irish that are here legally to work, and they have been looking for well over a month and can't find work. Thats what they claim, but I think they are partying harder then searching for work.

Paul

I agree that Calgary is a good place to locate, however the City is getting very expensive to live, and if you don't have a place here before you arrive, you could be out on the street, as housing is at a premium.

Back