Renting

Can anyone guess what might be the going rate to rent out a unit here?

1 + den, west facing, mid floor?

I may be forced to rent it out for the first year or so and wondering what the value may be.

Elevators

I just heard from sales centre that all the 4 elevators will now go to all the floors. This is good news for folks on higher floors. There are going to be no more or service elevators except these 4. and all will go upto the lowest parking levels.

I just heard from sales centre that all the 4 elevators will now go to all the floors. This is good news for folks on higher floors. There are going to be no more or service elevators except these 4. and all will go upto the lowest parking levels.

I think all 4 elevators serving all 44 floors @ X condos is a better arrangment for greater flexibility ... I believe the same thing is happening at Solaris where all 5 elevators serve all 40 floors there :)

Can anyone guess what might be the going rate to rent out a unit here?

1 + den, west facing, mid floor?

I may be forced to rent it out for the first year or so and wondering what the value may be.

what's the size of the unit?

from what i've observed, rents go from $2.50-3.00 PSF for new construction (not including parking + locker) ...
typically $2.50, unless you're a really desirable location and/or building.

someone on here mentioned they were getting ~$3.00 PSF for an executive rental in Sp!re, but i don't believe that's the norm.

X might be in the $2.75 PSF range b/c of location and exterior design ... we'll have to see the interiors to give a final verdict, but the floorplans are quite compact.

what's the size of the unit?

from what i've observed, rents go from $2.50-3.00 PSF for new construction (not including parking + locker) ...
typically $2.50, unless you're a really desirable location and/or building.

someone on here mentioned they were getting ~$3.00 PSF for an executive rental in Sp!re, but i don't believe that's the norm.

X might be in the $2.75 PSF range b/c of location and exterior design ... we'll have to see the interiors to give a final verdict, but the floorplans are quite compact.

Thanks for your reply.

The unit is 704 sq ft not including an approx 45-50 sq ft balcony

Wow, 2.50 - $3.00 is actually more than I thought....

I'm currently paying almost $6 sq ft here in new york....

Thanks for your reply.

The unit is 704 sq ft not including an approx 45-50 sq ft balcony

Wow, 2.50 - $3.00 is actually more than I thought....

I'm currently paying almost $6 sq ft here in new york....

What's the floorplan, if you don't mind saying?
An efficient use of space and layout would also be critical in the ability to get good rent.

Obviously, what I gave is a rough estimate but it seems like you may be able to rent out for around $1700/m

rent?

What about the time between move in occ. and final occupancy ?
I understand that we will have to pay a rent before we become owners of the place. Any idea of how much that rent may be? I hope it is nothing like the prices you mention above :eek: ...

elevator musings

You are right, Peregrine. Not sure how they can have 4 elevators going to all floors without causing major issues on various levels. I wonder if sales office knows what they are talking about.

elevators

i'm not sure whether they stop on all floors or not would affect the floorspace.

wouldn't the shafts have to go through the entire height of the building regardless if the elevators serviced the lower 20, upper 20, or whole thing?

also, it would seem prudent that all the elevators have access to EVERY floor just in case there some freaky reason the 2 dedicated upper floor elevators don't work ?!?!

Upgrades

I had my decor centre appointment couple of days back and was not rushed at all. Spent about 3 hours and $20K. Did anyone take shower stall instead of bathroom? It cost me over $3,600 without any upgrades. The price list posted here said around $2800. I found difficult to believe that price has changed so quick by so much. Anyone.....with any insights?

I had my decor centre appointment couple of days back and was not rushed at all. Spent about 3 hours and $20K. Did anyone take shower stall instead of bathroom? It cost me over $3,600 without any upgrades. The price list posted here said around $2800. I found difficult to believe that price has changed so quick by so much. Anyone.....with any insights?

$3,600 sounds about right. I paid $3,975 for the stall and first tile upgrade. What else did you get with the 20k?

As cdr108 mentioned on the last page. The price increase is probably dependent on the units SF or the higher ceilings.

Last edited:
Upgrades

$3,600 sounds about right. I paid $3,975 for the stall and first tile upgrade. What else did you get with the 20k?

As cdr108 mentioned on the last page. The price increase is probably dependent on the units SF or the higher ceilings.

There isn't much difference in the SF or ceiling height with many floor plans - seems like builder has it his way to make some extra dough. Anyway, i got upgraded wooden floors, shower stall, home theatre cabinet without urban lights, ceiling lights in bedroom, smooth ceilings, extra extended lights on the island and under cabinets, built-in dining table, silver appliance package with slide-in stove, extra pantry, upgraded quartz kitchen counter surface etc.

Back