Thank you to those who've posted pictures, they look great! Does anybody know how high the kitchen island is?

Yes, from the specs I have its going to be approx 35 inches high for the higher suites. My guess is it may be a little be shorter for the lower suites because of the space from the optional pull out table.

For those of you who have not moved in yet, just a word of warning. The builder will want 2 months up front of occupancy payment along with lawyer fees. So for those of you moving in this month, they expect you to pay for this month and next month of December. I can only imagine what the closing costs are going to be, my guess is not good! off to a great start here...

I'm confused here, if your moving in now, aren't you expected to pay the occupany fee?

Also, what is everyone's expecation for closing cost (assuming everything has been capped?)

Last edited:
I'm confused here, if your moving in now, aren't you expected to pay the occupany fee?

Also, what is everyone's expecation for closing cost (assuming everything has been capped?)

How does one cap the closing costs?
as for the occupancy, I would have expected them to ask for post dated cheques instead of 2 months up front. Yes I had my lawyer go through it and they did see that this is the case but found it very unorthodox especially from the rep of a builder like Great Gulf who have a great rep out there. They left me with an extremely sour taste today...

Has anyone hired someone to act on their behalf for a PDI (i.e., a home inspector)? I'm guessing no. It seems there's a lot of upfront costs.

Has anyone hired someone to act on their behalf for a PDI (i.e., a home inspector)? I'm guessing no. It seems there's a lot of upfront costs.

lets put it this way, even if you bring your own inspector, your closing costs will pay the building inspector's anyway. So in a sense you are paying double for that.

lets put it this way, even if you bring your own inspector, your closing costs will pay the building inspector's anyway. So in a sense you are paying double for that.

A building inspect ensures things meet code. This is primarily around plumbing for the internals of the unit. They really don't care if cabinets are installed crooked, floors are scratched, or the security alarm voltage is low and browns out (3 issues I've had). I had exterior windows which passed code but were chipped (I requested replacement during my PDI). Several months later the first winter storm rolled in and all of the chipped windows shattered (builder hadn't replaced them yet).

A condo inspector ensures things which do not impact code were installed properly and professionally.

Just went about my PDI this morning. 'Twas quick and thorough. Sticker Markers everywhere, but for very little things (eg. paint touch-ups, scoffs on the ground, etching in the bathroom).

- For anyone with a Foster unit, expect your bedroom to be small. I'm thinking of alternating my Bedroom with my Den and installing a sliding door.
- The power ports and cable/phone jacks are ample-in-quantity.
- Washer/Dryer is nice. Kitchen is great.
- Options for light fixtures are a great touch, but I get the feel that I'll be buying a few lamps.
- Really wish I had gotten the Shower Walk-In Stall rather than the bathtub. Have no idea what I was thinking there.
- The view is nice. TONS of natural light. I face East (Rogers Campus, Danforth, Rosedale, Cabbagetown, King East and the Lake).
-- On a sunny day (like today), the lake reflects a strong light which, pretty much, removes any use for using lights during the day. HA.
- Balcony is great. Probably would have opted for less balcony and more interior room.

I took some photos and will post them soon.

Has anyone used the gym in the building at all?

Here are my photos of my Foster unit condo. Don't mind the spots in the shots. My camera/lens need a good cleaning.

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 441
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 374
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 386
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 369
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 384
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 363
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 384
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 358
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 373
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 390
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 363
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 393
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 347
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 370
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
Great unit, looks nice with all the upgrades. Are the floors an upgrade? They look great.

Back