Service department for GG has been pretty on top of addressing warranty period issues. Anyone who is logging issues with them be sure to make sure they schedule appointments with you when they will come to your unit to fix or replace items. I had noticed that they had been in my unit while I was not in it. I had spoken with their service department to advise them to please contact me next time they are going to go in so we know they are there. So just a heads up for any people recently moved in to take note of it :) otherwise good so far.

Service department for GG has been pretty on top of addressing warranty period issues. Anyone who is logging issues with them be sure to make sure they schedule appointments with you when they will come to your unit to fix or replace items. I had noticed that they had been in my unit while I was not in it. I had spoken with their service department to advise them to please contact me next time they are going to go in so we know they are there. So just a heads up for any people recently moved in to take note of it :) otherwise good so far.

Thanks for the head's up! I get my keys Monday :)

THE BUILDING IS NOW REGISTERED!!!

I sent off an email to Great Gulf regarding my move in date in February. I was curious to know whether this would also be my closing date. The rumors about Great Gulf registering the building in Dec. or Jan. have been circling. This was the response I got: "Registration has occurred within the
last few working days. I am providing you with assurance that you are correct and you will be closing on the same date as taking occupancy."

I guess this means that there will no longer be any 'phantom' rent payments to make and that everyone needs to get their finances in order to prepare for their closing.

I am a big confused as to how this happened so quickly. I thought that the building had to be at least 3/4 full of occupants before the building could be registered. Moreover, aren't the amenities (i.e. the gym) supposed to be open before the building gets registered?

I sent off an email to Great Gulf regarding my move in date in February. I was curious to know whether this would also be my closing date. The rumors about Great Gulf registering the building in Dec. or Jan. have been circling. This was the response I got: "Registration has occurred within the
last few working days. I am providing you with assurance that you are correct and you will be closing on the same date as taking occupancy."

I guess this means that there will no longer be any 'phantom' rent payments to make and that everyone needs to get their finances in order to prepare for their closing.

I am a big confused as to how this happened so quickly. I thought that the building had to be at least 3/4 full of occupants before the building could be registered. Moreover, aren't the amenities (i.e. the gym) supposed to be open before the building gets registered?

Interesting considering I move on Monday and my lawyer has not heard this yet. Well, if true I guess they will just be adjusting my purchase price or doing a rush final closing. It does make sense as I know they want to close this year so they can apply for 2010 Condo of the year.

As for the gym, I was told it is up and running at this point. Can anyone varify?

I spoke with Great Gulf this morning and they confirmed to me that the building registered on Monday of this week. I took occupancy on November 1st, so hopefully I'll see some return on my occupancy payment to the builder :)

Got my final closing date today. So basically any of you who are moving in after December will take title right away.

Back