Yes. Very minimal occupancy period, for the people who have occupied prior to building registration.

Wow. That happened so fast. People only started occupying the building in Feb. I thought the building needs to be fully occupied, or close to it, before getting registered .

Wow. That happened so fast. People only started occupying the building in Feb. I thought the building needs to be fully occupied, or close to it, before getting registered .

Nope. Buildings are getting registered with without being close to completed. We all know the reason why.

Save for the cramped floorplans and weird kitchen configurations, I think Great Gulf did a pretty good job with this one.

Nope. Buildings are getting registered with without being close to completed. We all know the reason why.

Save for the cramped floorplans and weird kitchen configurations, I think Great Gulf did a pretty good job with this one.

What is the reason why buildings are getting registered without being close to completion or fully occupied...

condominiums can be registered as long as the project architect and engineers can issue "Certificate of Substantial Completion" ... what constitutes as 'substantial' completion is the key

Anyone experiencing water issues? the water temperature for my unit is scalding hot! the cold and hot valves are the same temperature.

Just got a notice from the developer that my occupancy would be delayed PAST my firm date of May 5. Obviously I am unhappy about this as this is only 3 weeks before we're supposed to move in.

According to Tarion I should be entitled to $150 per day of delayed occupancy (http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prot...s/Pages/Condominiums-Firm-Occupancy-Date.aspx)

Anyone else also in this boat? Has anyone dealt with this type of thing before--do I need my lawyer for this?

Any info appreciated, feel free to PM. Thanks.

Just got a notice from the developer that my occupancy would be delayed PAST my firm date of May 5. Obviously I am unhappy about this as this is only 3 weeks before we're supposed to move in.

According to Tarion I should be entitled to $150 per day of delayed occupancy (http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prot...s/Pages/Condominiums-Firm-Occupancy-Date.aspx)

Anyone else also in this boat? Has anyone dealt with this type of thing before--do I need my lawyer for this?

sent you a PM.

I am actually interested in the same thing as I am in the same situation. Could anyone advise me, please?
Thank you!

Yes, you are entitled to. Your lawyer should also aware of it and should include the charge when doing to final adjustment. You need a lawyer for closing anyway.

X2 Condos:

Not sure if this is an issue with the builder, but the elevators are always broken. Sometimes 2 go down at once.
Also the fire alarms seem to be impossible to reset, there's always a problem with the pannel, taking hours to turn off the alarms. Sometimes they can go on all night.

Back