Don't panick. This is NOT how developers do it. Ive been through the process 2 x and its quite simple. Ideally you want to work in the VIP phase where you will get the best deal. In this phase, you will know pricing, suite layouts, fee installment, if there are any incentives, an assignment fee (how much it will cost you to flip the unit before it becomes a condo - payed to the developer), and generally a development fee capping (what the developer will charge you for fees that the city charges the developer - this includes education levies, and parks/recreation, road sustainability etc.). Once you get all this info you are supposed to act fast and fill in whats called a 'worksheet' through the agent representing you. On the worksheet you specify what unit you would like and what floor, up to 3 choices maybe more. This is now sent to the developers agents who will either accept, deny, or allot you your alternate choice. Once that is done, you go in and sign the paper work and hand over cheques of 5% increments taken out in various times. Then you have your 10 day cooling period to see you're real estate lawyer to work through the agreement. I find most developers don't want to budge on a lot of the fee's that come with new developments, but worth your lawyer trying.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the detailed post. So tje worksheet is the beginning of the process. Like a proposal as opposed to an offer...
add in the response from the developer and the ten day cooling off period and its not so intense!

The condo game is becoming a little clearer now.....

Thank you for the detailed post. So tje worksheet is the beginning of the process. Like a proposal as opposed to an offer...
add in the response from the developer and the ten day cooling off period and its not so intense!

The condo game is becoming a little clearer now.....

exactly... keep in mind that the 10 day period starts when you go into the sales centre and sign the paper work. Not when you are alloted a suit. From my experience, there seems to be this mad rush hysteria. Just try to get in during the VIP phase, you'll save sometimes 10-20K.

Yes the vip period is on now for YC, but im thinking things may be a bit slower now.
It may be just a sales manoever where the prices are raised and incentives are added in after the VIP stage but that is what I am seeing alot of.
Although it is very difficult to discern because I have no idea wjat the VIP prices were for projects that launched last year. Thats where I am hesitant. Committing to a unit and finding they are offering "free maintenance for a year" three months later.
I suppose if I find a project I value enough I will make that commitment.
Im thinking YC is it! Great location, developer w/ a track record. Im convincing myself....

Yes the vip period is on now for YC, but im thinking things may be a bit slower now.
It may be just a sales manoever where the prices are raised and incentives are added in after the VIP stage but that is what I am seeing alot of.
Although it is very difficult to discern because I have no idea wjat the VIP prices were for projects that launched last year. Thats where I am hesitant. Committing to a unit and finding they are offering "free maintenance for a year" three months later.
I suppose if I find a project I value enough I will make that commitment.
Im thinking YC is it! Great location, developer w/ a track record. Im convincing myself....

Good plan. If you think YC is it, then nows the time to do it before units are taken from foreign investors and the like. It was launched last Wed in VIP and likely selling fast. Give it 2 weeks and you may be out of luck and prices may have risen since then. That happened to me with Yonge and Rich. Within 2 weeks I paid an extra 10 K even though it was just the beginning of VIP phase. My advise would be forget about last years launches. Prices have already been raised hence the 'free maintenance'. If you don't pounce on YC, keep an eye out for 11 Wellesley Condos, or Totem condos, or even Dundas Square Gardens. I think those are the upcoming VIP launches.

When the agent sent me all the info, there wasn't much given. The developer wanted the pricing to remain unknown unless you reserved a suite and then were told the price. In my info, there was no word on Assignment. Just that condo fee's would start at $0.59.

Thanks pmilo

I heard through the grape vine it is $5,000 although unconfirmed

Hey All. Someone asked to see the floorplans in the realty section. Here they are.
YC1.jpg
YC2.jpg
YC3.jpg
YC4.jpg
YC5.jpg
YC6.jpg
YC7.jpg
YC8.jpg
YC9.jpg
YC10.jpg
YC11.jpg
YC12.jpg
YC13.jpg

Attachments

• YC1.jpg
    YC1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,215
  • YC2.jpg
    YC2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,076
  • YC3.jpg
    YC3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,184
  • YC4.jpg
    YC4.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,088
  • YC5.jpg
    YC5.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,085
  • YC6.jpg
    YC6.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,088
  • YC7.jpg
    YC7.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,022
  • YC8.jpg
    YC8.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,144
  • YC9.jpg
    YC9.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,091
  • YC10.jpg
    YC10.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,038
  • YC11.jpg
    YC11.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,088
  • YC12.jpg
    YC12.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,145
  • YC13.jpg
    YC13.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,024
ps. Square footage of each unit it generally below the floorplan (not above as one would assume- yc's doing!)

Last edited:

Back