8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

gmania

Member Bio
Reaction score
It was a sunny day and I couldn't look at my thesis anymore, so I decided to head out in the Yonge/Eglinton East/Mt. Pleasant neighbourhood and take some photos of the ongoing/proposed projects. I tried to get some photos of the Minto Towers from angles I haven't seen before. The rest of the projects are mostly in-fill, getting rid of parking lots and the "tower in the park" phenomenon that is everywhere east of Yonge at Eglinton. Hopefully you enjoy the tour and I apologize to those on dial-up. If anyone still uses dial-up.

83 Redpath Ave

Sales centre is now closed. Construction is somewhat underway.

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

Chateau Royal at 650 Mt. Pleasant Rd.

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

Panache Condominium at Redpath/Eglinton Ave East

I've watched this building for 2.5 years. Probably the slowest construction I have ever seen. People have begun to move in, but construction hoarding is still up and there might still be a construction elevator on site.

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

900 Mt. Pleasant

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

88 on Broadway Condominiums

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

99 Erskine Ave

IMG_1067.jpg

Townhomes on Erskine

IMG_1069.jpg

The Republic at Yonge & Eglinton

IMG_1070.jpg

Site photos from Broadway Ave:

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

Site photo from Roehampton Ave:

IMG_1075.jpg

Minto Roehampton

Recently completed.

IMG_1094.jpg

Addition to 45 Dunfield Ave

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

Parking lot at Dunfield and Eglinton Ave East

The application sign has been up for at least two years. I remember seeing a City report on the project, but can't remember if it was favourable or not.

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

88 Redpath Parking lot

I heard somewhere a condo was going up on the parking lot for 88 Redpath. The parking lot is actually on Lillian St.

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

Minto Towers

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

That's it for now. If you want any closer photos of materials or cladding or whatever, just let me know. I might be able to get back out later this week if the weather is nice. Anyway, back to work.

Gmania

Nice! Thanks for the tour. You've covered the progress of a couple of projects that rarely get mentioned here.

ah, you are very lucky to be living in this part of the city! This is my favourite area, except for that forsaken empty TTC yard on the southwest corner of Y & E... great to see all this added density in an already thriving area. For the most part the new buildings look good and fit into the area well.
Thanks for the pics...

The Chateau Royal looks very cheesy. I do like the deviation from the Toronto standard glass box, like 1 St. Thomas, but this one is like French Quarter North.

900 Mount Pleasant is much better, but the podium on Mount Pleasant looks overbearing in the photo.

And Minto Midtown still looks good. The Roehampton condo isn't bad either.

Great Update!

Great update. I'd hoped to get up there but my camera had battery issues. 99 Erskine is perhaps the worst project going in this entire city.

Thanks for the updates!

Y/E sure is booming. I haven't been in that area in quite some time. I'll make sure to cruise on over once it gets a bit warmer.

So these parking lots, are they primary visitor parking lots that were once for these older residential buildings?

It's crazy how crammed everything is, but then again it's happening everywhere.

The neighbourhoods on either side of Yonge between Summerhill and Broadway are, in my opinion, the best places to live in Toronto. All of the new growth occurring at Eglinton can only make things better.

So these parking lots, are they primary visitor parking lots that were once for these older residential buildings?

The parking lots are either visitor lots or in some cases above ground tenant parking for the buildings. I don't think any are public parking except for the lot at eglinton & dunfield, but I may be wrong.

Thanks for the update. I have been driving through the area quite a bit recently and wasn't able to get out and get a good look at some of these. I agree that the Chateau Royale is brutal. 900 Mt. Pleasant is turning out to be a welcome addition.

The neighbourhoods on either side of Yonge between Summerhill and Broadway are, in my opinion, the best places to live in Toronto. All of the new growth occurring at Eglinton can only make things better.

Agreed. Too bad I can't afford anything there.

Back