News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
What are your favourite on-line consumer product shopping sites? I'm referring to the layout, innovation, design, ease of navigation and attractiveness.

You don't have to like the products they sell, but can love their website.

For example, I hate the way Canadian Tire's website demands your postal code before you can enter the site. While I like Lee Valley Tools website since it clearly directs you to professional woodworking or gifts, thus easing the horrible digging for gift ideas. I also like Ikea's website.

So, which are your favourites?

I liked Amazon.com in the US, but the selection in Amazon.ca is to be desired. I don't like that online shopping has less selection under the Canadian versions of the websites. Don't get me started on the price differences.

I like TigerDirect.ca website. You can drill down on your search to see if you can find what you want.

Etsy.com is my favourite for layout though they don't categorize enough. You kinda hafta hope your keywords match.

Ebay categorizes plenty but I find it ugly to look at.

What are your favourite on-line consumer product shopping sites? I'm referring to the layout, innovation, design, ease of navigation and attractiveness.

You don't have to like the products they sell, but can love their website.

For example, I hate the way Canadian Tire's website demands your postal code before you can enter the site. While I like Lee Valley Tools website since it clearly directs you to professional woodworking or gifts, thus easing the horrible digging for gift ideas. I also like Ikea's website.

So, which are your favourites?

personally, i find that american sites are better than their canadian versions, like with home depot for example or how radioshack used to be. the american sites for popular retailers also tend to have more selection but they don't deliver to canadian addresses. i really hate the search function with most retail websites and i hate when stores use their own store codes and not real model numbers. weight based delivery fees are also a killer.

can't wait till lowes has a canadian webstore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back