News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Would be nice to see the evolution of the design as they go through these UDRPs. Also, wish the UDRP meetings were posted on YouTube.

Would be nice to see the evolution of the design as they go through these UDRPs. Also, wish the UDRP meetings were posted on YouTube.

They should at least post the presentations with the feedback - especially since there's so much less activity on devapps now.

Updated designs (March 21, 2024):

https://devapps.ottawa.ca/en/applications/D01-01-23-0008/details

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 12.50.55 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 12.50.34 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 12.51.57 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 12.51.13 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 12.50.43 PM.png

Unfortunate to see the max height dip below 40 floors, but I'm glad they're sticking to their guns on the evil ahistoric pastiche (beautiful) street wall on Catherine.

I love the graph showing the height changes on the towers... 40 to 36, 36 to 34 but 26 to 32. So effectively, same number of floors, less variation in height and more height on the shorter tower. Will the NIMBYs path themselves on the back for this or...? I would've much preferred the previous variation in the 3 towers IMO.

I ain't even mad about the height drop of the centre tower. The whole project looks better balanced. The height raise on the East tower looks so much better. The project as a whole is still going to be one big game changer....one might even call it a 'Landmark Development' 🤣

Hopefully Tomato Lady's garden is saved by chopping four floors off the central tower. I find it hilarious that they boast about the shortest tower being next to the school in the Design Brief. The shadows of a 32 story building have been shown to kill far less children than those of 34 and 36 story buildings in many studies, I'm sure.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 161421.png

Reactions: BGO
I agree with you Harley. I prefer the new heights. Better balanced. And all towers over 30. Hoping this sets a precedent.

Wonder if there's going to be a need for much site remediation due to those tanks? Thinking of former gas station properties..

Wonder if there's going to be a need for much site remediation due to those tanks? Thinking of former gas station properties..
Likely, but if the bedrock is contaminated they typically just stop at the depth of the footings and poor them in the bedrock.

They'll just be stuck paying higher tipping fees if there is more remediation than expected, this shouldn't impact schedule though.

Back