News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

That's right, Rob. I totally forgot about Dini Petty and the pink chopper!

Something else I forgot was what it was like to take photos in sunny weather! I captured EK242 passing through 5600 feet over Erin Mills today about two minutes after a YYZ runway 23 takeoff this afternoon.
View attachment 533471
Dini started flying / reporting in 1967. By the time I started flying helicopters in 1975, she had moved on and been replaced by Dianne Pepper.

Helicopter pilots were a small community and we all knew each other. Dini came back to fill in when Dianne was on vacation and because her licence had lapsed, I was her traffic report pilot a couple of times. She was quite nice, but always late. 😆

Dianne eventually got checked out on the Bell 212 and was Canada's first female EMS helicopter pilot.

Dianne Pepper

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 4.58.33 PM.jpg

Dini started flying / reporting in 1967. By the time I started flying helicopters in 1975, she had moved on and been replaced by Dianne Pepper.

Helicopter pilots were a small community and we all knew each other. Dini came back to fill in when Dianne was on vacation and because her licence had lapsed, I was her traffic report pilot a couple of times. She was quite nice, but always late. 😆

Dianne eventually got checked out on the Bell 212 and was Canada's first female EMS helicopter pilot.

Dianne Pepper

View attachment 533480
That's a great bit of GTA history there, Rob. Fantastic!

Beauty photos of that old Delta 727-200. Great shots of the flight deck! This old bird has seen better days. One thrust lever is gone but otherwise it seems to be a relatively complete cockpit. They really should close the FO window though.

Airport Road, near the former Wendy's
View attachment 565824
Not a Wendy's (and Country Style??) anymore? That's sad. That used to be a very popular location for spotting. They (or somebody) even put out picnic tables on the grassy areas. Plane spotting coffee and snacks.

North Bay's airport is hosting an Airbus A350-900 'Flightlab' which is their corporate testbed. It will be around for a couple of weeks. Our daughter was talking to the flight crew and apparently they like our icing conditions at certain altitudes over Lake Superior and Hudson's Bay.

Not a Wendy's (and Country Style??) anymore? That's sad. That used to be a very popular location for spotting. They (or somebody) even put out picnic tables on the grassy areas. Plane spotting coffee and snacks.

North Bay's airport is hosting an Airbus A350-900 'Flightlab' which is their corporate testbed. It will be around for a couple of weeks. Our daughter was talking to the flight crew and apparently they like our icing conditions at certain altitudes over Lake Superior and Hudson's Bay.

Seems to be an A350 party in Ontario lately. Pearson has two long term guests with the Air France frame stuck here since the hard landing Jan 21st and Philippine Airlines A359 here since May 3rd. I saw the Philippine airframe pop up on Flightradar 24 yesterday up at the north end of the field but have no idea what happened to it. Something broke really good for it still to be here.

Back