What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
CrH6tn5VIAAJSMo.jpg:large

Grand Villa Edmonton ‏@GrandVillaYEG 23 hours ago
The Bacchus bar is coming together! We're working around the clock, see you on September 7th #YEG #YegEvents

Extra time given for Rogers Place tours due to 'phenomenal' public interest
Extra time has been opened for the Sept. 10 tours of Rogers Place, after people snapped up almost all the tickets initially allocated for the free event.

More than 47,000 of the 50,000 tickets were handed out by noon Wednesday, leaving the 60- to 90-minute self-guided tours fully booked between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m., city spokeswoman Jodi Tauber wrote in an email.

A 4 p.m. time slot has been added to handle the “phenomenal” response since tickets for the first public event in the new arena were made available Monday, she said.

Visitors can order up to four tickets each from Ticketmaster online or by calling 1-855-985-5000.

Source (Edmonton Journal)

I wish i got tickets :( but I am not here for the opening.

Edit that place looks amazing!!

And yes1!!! Cupholders!

Paula Simons: An arena, a building boom, a downtown transformation. Love it or hate it, this is really happening
It’s hard to find a happier man in town than Jim Taylor.

For years, the affable director of the Downtown Business Association has been advocating for new investment in Edmonton’s long-depressed city centre. Now, with Rogers Place set to open this month, Taylor says his biggest problem is that he’s getting tired of saying “I told you so.”

“It’s like Christmas Eve. All the presents have been bought and they’re under the tree. Now we just need to take the wrapping off,” he enthuses.

It’s not just the arena itself that has Taylor so gleeful. It’s all the stuff going up around it.

Full Story (Edmonton Journal)

Announced events so far are (not including Oilers/Oil Kings):

September 10 - Public Open House
September 16 - Keith Urban
September 17 - Dolly Parton
September 20 - Drake and Future
September 21 - Drake and Future
September 29 - Dixie Chicks
October 13 - Carrie Underwood
October 15 - Kayne West
October 22 - John Fogerty
November 5 - Chicago and Earth, Wind & Fire
November 8 - 2016 CHL Canada Russia Series
November 19 - Florida Georgia Line
November 30 - Amy Schumer
December 22 - Cirque Du Soleil - Toruk
December 23 - Cirque Du Soleil - Toruk (2 shows)
December 24 - Cirque Du Soleil - Toruk
December 25 - Cirque Du Soleil - Toruk
December 26 - Cirque Du Soleil - Toruk (2 shows)

Added

Back