What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
IceDistrictRogersPlaceRenderings1200-50.jpg

http://www.rogersplace.com/renderings/

Attachments

• IceDistrictRogersPlaceRenderings1200-50.jpg
    IceDistrictRogersPlaceRenderings1200-50.jpg
    590.5 KB · Views: 1,258
I count 67 floors -- used to be 69 -- was once touted as 69 storeys (unless the 2-3 story building capital is counted, which I did not do). It used to be more imaginative, too.

It used to 62 as well, I believe the 69 comes from the 67 floors plus 2 mechanical floors. This render is pretty poor and doesn't reflect how it will look, it will be a stunner imho.

The accounting and consulting firm plans to take two floors of the Stantec Tower, totalling 51,000 square feet, of the tower’s 28 floors dedicated to office space. That’s an increase from PwC’s current 41,000-square-footprint in the TD Tower.

Scott said he’s not concerned the current economic slowdown will hinder leasing for the remaining floors because most tenants look beyond the current cycle.

“We expect to have it fully leased by July or the end of June,” Scott said.

When it opens in the fall of 2018, Stantec Tower, at the corner of 102 Street and 103 Avenue, is expected to be one of Western Canada’s tallest towers with “60-plus” floors, Scott said. Besides offices, the tower will also offer 481 residential units.

Another Ice District office building, the 27-storey Edmonton Tower, has the City of Edmonton and RBC Dominion Securities confirmed as tenants. Work crews will hold a “topping-off” ceremony on May 25 to celebrate the completion of its full height. The first tenants are expected late this year and early in 2017.

http://edmontonjournal.com/business...igh-profile-tenant-for-edmontons-ice-district

I'm intrigued by the fact that they stress "one of the tallest" and "60+ stories." Stantec's website even quotes the original proposed height - though it also has an old render. I definitely hope they still build the full 250 metres!

Should be 69 storeys -- and I have it from a reliable source (must remain anonymous) that the tower ends will support top-to-bottom, programmable OLED lights that can portray any number of imaginative, kinetic designs and that can also run through a series of colours. This should add some oomph to the downtown, viewable from great distances. Also the Edmonton Tower will have OLED tracer lights along the curved edges.

Back