What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
May 13

@Jarodsc17 -- the whole build-out of this soft-storey at the base of the hotel is interesting to me. Without plans, I can only make some educated guesses as to what is going on with the core. They have an integrated structure sitting atop the core walls that doesn't appear to be attached to them. So they may be building a platform that can be enclosed and lifted and that will rise with the tower as it is built (something similar to what they did with the Edmonton Tower). @Daveography is right, there are usually far fewer elevator shafts connecting parking to the main floor of a high-rise building. In this instance there will probably be two elevator lobbies -- one for the hotel and one for the condos. There may be two elevators from parking for that very reason; but, considering that this garage has 5 levels, there may be more. The two level parking lobby may be set to accommodate delivery vehicles within the parking structure. It will definitely be interesting to watch!

Height increase for Ice District was just approved at Council.

The maximum building Height shall be as follows and in accordance with Section 52:

i. 180 m for land north of 104 Avenue NW;
ii. 195 m for land south of 104 Avenue NW; and
iii. Notwithstanding Section 910.12(4)(b)(ii), above, one development, including a Tower, with a Height not exceeding 275 m, shall be allowed abutting the north side of 103 Avenue NW between 102 Street NW and 103 Street NW.

Sounds like Stantec Tower might get a little bigger, 275m would put it tied for second tallest in the country with Scotia Plaza in Toronto (Toronto's Trump Tower cheats with a 40.5 m spire).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Canada

Back