News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Best thing that could happened to the project is if Arena Plan B was confirmed. Orchard has a head start on any other residential development that is being planned for that stretch of 12 Ave or 11 Ave behind it. More people would step up and buy as a result.
Plan B being confirmed is a game changer for the whole of East Beltline, and can even have some affect on East Village.

Lamb will be smiling ear to ear. East Village has so much better things going on than a centrepiece arena. The success of an arena district will benefit from the East Village and not the reverse.

Lamb will be smiling ear to ear. East Village has so much better things going on than a centrepiece arena. The success of an arena district will benefit from the East Village and not the reverse.
I think both ends would benefit. East Village has more going for it on its own, but an arena there could help retail in EV. Over time retail in EV will build up and evolve and the arena there rather than West Village would be better for that retail.

Maybe. I'm just not a believer in sports complexes as centrepieces for mixed use neighbourhoods after having spent time in several of them. There's always an off season.

I went by the 12th street bridge today (on the south side) and the new bridge is positioned more N than the old bridge and the south entrance is as tight as possible to the old bridge. There won't be much of a shift for traffic, but a slight angle left. This will also make the exit at the north side a shallower turn.

12thstreetbridge2_zps3oiczi5u.png

Last edited:
Per the CPC's agenda for next week, a DP for a 90 unit multi-res building in Ramsay on 8th St - just south of 9th Ave and the CPR tracks called "River's Edge"

The Inglewood area getting more density .. Another by Torode

Picture0002.jpg

Picture0001.jpg

Attachments

• Picture0001.jpg
    Picture0001.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 245
  • Picture0002.jpg
    Picture0002.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 236
Last edited by a moderator:
The lot where the gas station was. From EV-News

Behind the hoarding wall along 4th St and 8th Ave SE, Calgary’s most innovative pop-up is taking shape. Get ready for East Village’s liveliest lot!

Mark your calendars for June 1, Calgary! That’s when the vacant lot on the southwest corner of 4th St and 8th Ave SE gets new life as a hot and happening pop-up shipping container hub. The East Village Junction will be part outdoor retail hive, part event space, and really big part community gathering spot. Think of it as the junction where fun meets function, shipping meets shopping, and containers meet culture.

Finally we see renderings of the Penguin car wash spot! I'll be curious to see how sales of this one go with it that close to the CP tracks, and the unknown alignment of the green line coming through there too.

Finally we see renderings of the Penguin car wash spot! I'll be curious to see how sales of this one go with it that close to the CP tracks, and the unknown alignment of the green line coming through there too.
Biggest issue for me would be CP closing 8St at the tracks there, would make getting to Inglewood much less convenient, and Inglewood is where most of the amenities in the area are.

Per the CPC's agenda for next week, a DP for a 90 unit multi-res building in Ramsay on 8th St - just south of 9th Ave and the CPR tracks called "River's Edge"

The Inglewood area getting more density .. Another by Torode
Aside from this one, the only other item of interest seems to be the 2nd phase of the SE BRT, the portion crossing Deerfoot and the River linking 17th Ave SE to Inglewood. Starting on page 287:
http://www.calgary.ca/PDA/pd/Documents/calgary_planning_commission/agenda/2017/agenda-cpc-may 04.pdf

Closing 8th street would be horrible for Ramsay residents. It's also my go to route from Hillhurst to the SE. Hopefully that never happens.

Back