News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
When I worked in Markham, my friends from Markham and Pickering would meet me in Unionville for dinner and pints at the local pub, and then we'd wander the streets checking out the homes and neighbourhood, and then close with a coffee at the local Timothys or Starbucks.

Now that I don't work in Markham, and instead work and live downtown east, I want to recommend a pub to my mates that's in Scarborough (more or less equidistant for myself in Cabbagetown, folks from Pickering border and folks from McCowan and 14th Ave, but one that is pedestrian friendly so we can go for a walk before hitting the coffee shops.

For example, the Queen's Head looks okay, http://www.dine.to/queensheadpub but who wants to walk those raging suburban streets.

Thanks for any recommendations.

All I can think of is finding something closer to the Beaches end of Scarborough - there are some nice streets to walk along near Fallingbrook Road. Something hugging Vic Park. I found this on Google, but know nothing about it, and it is a few yards outside Scarborough.

ETA: Further east, there's this place in Cliffside. Some nicer streets in that area like Chine Drive, and you can even walk over to Bluffs Park. Still suburban, but some of those streets are very green and older/more established than a lot of Scarborough suburbia.

Last edited:
All I can think of is finding something closer to the Beaches end of Scarborough - there are some nice streets to walk along near Fallingbrook Road. Something hugging Vic Park. I found this on Google, but know nothing about it, and it is a few yards outside Scarborough.

ETA: Further east, there's this place in Cliffside. Some nicer streets in that area like Chine Drive, and you can even walk over to Bluffs Park. Still suburban, but some of those streets are very green and older/more established than a lot of Scarborough suburbia.

Green Dragon is awesome. Great food. Also a bit further west is Feathers if you're a scotch aficionado, you gotta go. I forget exactly, but they have something like the largest collection of scotch in North America, or Canada. Maybe it's a top3? Like I said can't remember exactly.

Tara Inn is very......meh. Nothing fantastic, nothing horrible. But further north on St Clair (just east of midland) is Working Dog saloon, it's pretty good. It had huge servings last time I was there (~2 years ago) and pretty tasty. Also has a patio on the back in summer.

Best bet is the first couple of suggestions - and even better, they aren't in Scarborough.

The words "pedestrian friendly" and "Scarborough" in the same sentence immediately render this thread unviable.

Back