4.8K     0 

hoggytime

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Discussion History on SSP Ottawa

Project Website

Screen-Shot-2021-09-29-at-12.58.34-PM-840x541.png

I wonder if this conglomeration of Claridge ugly taking up several blocks is salvageable with surrounding nicer taller buildings by developers with integrity in the future. Kinda of like these will just be density infills. Or is this area of Rideau a right off and ruined?
Everything West of King Edward is under NCC View Plane control. The market is doomed to be Kowloon Walled City 2.0 unfortunately.

Wonder if eventually height restrictions in Rideau and king Edward corridors could be loosened? Seems to be about as far away from parliament as Lebreton…

Wonder if eventually height restrictions in Rideau and king Edward corridors could be loosened? Seems to be about as far away from parliament as Lebreton…
Doubt it because NCC's restrictions on Rideau are its golden child. They would rather not let Rideau gain any height. Lebreton is free reign since it's an open canvas.

URGHHHH very disappointing. Must've been a sale on this type of material since it's the same downgrade we're seeing on that one on Carling Ave. A decent quality black railing to match the tower would've made it much better and a more cohesive design. Very hard to stay optimistic in Ottawa, I get so angry and frustrated every time I come on here.

Yeah, these railings look really out of place. Worse than the Carling example (which itself is pretty bad). Hoping this isn't what Claridge will use on the Flats.

A few shots from today. The last one is from the back…the few blocks around this area are becoming very dense with apartments.

IMG_3218.jpeg

IMG_3219.jpeg

IMG_3220.jpeg

Have we ever seen any proposals for that LCBO lot? Who owns it?
Rimap owns it. No proposal at this time. Could take years before they submit anything as they are currently have three projects on the go in Ottawa (AC Marriott on Rideau, Marriott Moxy on York and Marriott Renaissance on Bay).

What are the main builders in the Ottawa area then? We have Birgil, Claridge, Trinity, Rimap, ... (I'm trying to remember what the others are)

What are the main builders in the Ottawa area then? We have Birgil, Claridge, Trinity, Rimap, ... (I'm trying to remember what the others are)
Rimap is pretty new to Ottawa. From Montreal originally and the three projects ongoing are their first foray in this market.

Other main builders in Ottawa are Mattamy, Minto, Richcraft. Those are local. Dream from Toronto is mostly Zibi, but has the LeBreton project near the library. Katasa from Montreal. Main+Main from Toronto has a few projects on the go (Relevé, Maison Rivrain). I'm missing a whole bunch.

Back