To be fair here, it's likely sod as it's expected to get ripped up in a couple of years for the LRT. The sod is likely considered a temporary condition until the LRT project rebuilds it with updated landscaping.
yeah this.

also lets not forget this whole area used to be quite beautiful with the sisters of st joseph center with beautiful grassy and tree grounds all around it - they ripped all that up to build.. this.. so really seeing any semblance of the grass that used to be there is still nice in my eyes.. but yeah, they are pretty much planning for it not to last, so nothing permanent, and the trees and bushes they did plant are all around the corner.

According to the ‘updated’ LRT plans we’re not allowed to see, the Queen Street LRT Stop will be in the middle of King Street, and this plot off, Errrr, ‘Nature’ will not be used as a platform.

In fact, according to the text-only updates we received in June, the planned eastbound general traffic lanes have been removed from Ray St to Queen St.

IMG_3493.jpeg

The reason this strip of sod looks the way it does (that being lazy and bad) is because the City wanted this to be a slip lane for cars and trucks to bypass traffic lights as this was originally part of the Trucking Route.

The City of Hamilton is obsessed with rounding curbs, despite the design being dangerous to pedestrians, and in spite of the City’s own Vision Zero campaign.

hampton-inn.jpg

https://bayobserver.ca/vrancor-opens-new-hampton-inn-by-hilton-in-hamilton/

Vrancor opens New Hampton Inn by Hilton in Hamilton

Exciting to see a new hotel downtown, even if it is a Vranich special.

Looks like the building is sinking! Too bad they didn’t consider the grading when designing the podium.
What an unfortunate podium, actually the building is unfortunate. The feeble attempt to jazz up the facade by randomly adding a few white spandrel panels makes it look like boarded up windows.

They did consider the grading - it's why the front there has those ugly exposed concrete parts - it's stepped. I still can't believe they didn't facade them in any way or even PAINT them.. it's so jarring to just have bare concrete..

..and yeah you know it's not going to age well when it already looks bad when it's new and finished. I wish we could afford better builders. Only time will tell.

They did consider the grading - it's why the front there has those ugly exposed concrete parts - it's stepped. I still can't believe they didn't facade them in any way or even PAINT them.. it's so jarring to just have bare concrete..

..and yeah you know it's not going to age well when it already looks bad when it's new and finished. I wish we could afford better builders. Only time will tell.
Somebody will paint them 😂... Hopefully those shrubs and conifers will grow rapidly.

Something's definitely progressing here. New permit on the permitting website, under review but I suppose they have conditional approval:

23 130996 00: 26 storey multiple-dwelling unit rental building with commercial at ground floor (mezzanine as a storey). New structure to be built over existing parking structure (Permit 19 132099 00 R3) and on a shared site with a 12 storey Hotel (Permit 19 141105 01 R3) and 2 storey stacked townhouses (Permit 20 173789 01 R3)

1000001124.jpg

Back