"Whimsy" is a highly culture-dependent concept. The other major culture in this country would use the word "fantaisiste" - which elicits a somewhat different feeling. The Stravinsky fountain near Centre Pompidou in Paris is "whimsical," but it is more than that; it is also a work of art. I like the Cormier fountain but it's not in the same league.

"Whimsy" is a highly culture-dependent concept. The other major culture in this country would use the word "fantaisiste" - which elicits a somewhat different feeling. The Stravinsky fountain near Centre Pompidou in Paris is "whimsical," but it is more than that; it is also a work of art. I like the Cormier fountain but it's not in the same league.

One can only wish we are ready for a Tarot Garden level of whimsical.

AoD

Can we get rid of the poll at the top of this thread? It depresses me that a Firkin chain pub beat out C'est What?
The poll is gone, but if you didn't come just because it wasn't at C'Est What, you missed a nice get-together. Sometimes you have to look beyond your inclinations to get the best out of what comes your way.

But is it fair to compare the two? For what it's worth, people can at least interact with the dog fountain.

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 12.30.22 PM.png

DF8nniLVoAAh0PN.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 12.30.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 12.30.22 PM.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 375
  • DF8nniLVoAAh0PN.jpg
    DF8nniLVoAAh0PN.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 367
The pylon adds a Toronto touch to the fountain. Just wait until tourists start flocking for pictures with that pylon fountain!

My dog is eager to sub in for the injured Labrador...
IMG_3024.JPG

Went by yesterday and there were 4 or 5 dogs happily frolicking in the fountain. I didn’t see any signs prohibiting it so I let Penny go for a swim under the supervision of the fountain cat.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_3024.JPG
    IMG_3024.JPG
    980.5 KB · Views: 328

Back