There goes my dream of straightening out - not widening the road allowance, just shifting it - this bit of Dundas St. I avoid it whenever possible. And that's saying something coming from an Irish person. Straight roads are so rare there that one (Carrigrohane Road heading out of Cork City) is colloquially known as "the Straight Road"! But the combo of rails, jaywalking, curvature and dodgy parking is head wrecking when done on a regular basis, particularly eastbound.

Can the developer not provide more realistic renderings and add a giant FORTE tag to the east facing blank wall?

in.DE is an artistic nod to Dundas East, neighbourhood that's at the cusp of a great revival. Minutes from Ryerson University, and a short walk from Dundas Square and all its sensory wonders, it's an exciting address that has a lot to offer. A magnet for those who are open to adventure, open to new experiences.

9617853.jpg

This strikes me as a particularly half-hearted attempt to pick up on the rhythm and materiality of the neighbouring street level. (Doesn't mean much without fine-grained retail space inside). The 'brick' frontages look effectively painted on — even in the rendering. As for the tower, I'm slightly optimistic to think it'll just about scrape into the lower echelon of forgettable, if rather clumsy, mediocrity.

Back