That hasn't been my understanding. My understanding is that Phase 1 of Lakeside is the two taller condos, then Phase 2 is a mixed-use development directly to the west (the smaller buildings in the pictures) and then Phase 3 is a to-be-determined development on the south side of the lot. Though I can't remember where I got that information from.

Just to be clear, I'm referring to the south side of the lot, but the entire lot is on the north side of Queens Quay (the lot on the south side of Queens Quay is the George Brown Arbour / Waterfront Innovation Centre land).

If it's not Greenland that owns it though, any idea who owns it?

I have not heard anything about a third phase, certainly nothing is public in that regard. Not sure who the other owners are of the three properties south of the old Fed Ex building.

215 LAKE SHORE BLVD E
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Phase 1 Block 3: Application to lift the Holding Provision in the site specific amendment to General Zoning By-law No. 438-86, agreed to at the Ontario Municipal Board (Settlement Hearing Date: January 16, 2018, final decision pending; OMB Case No.: PL101091; OMB File No.: PL030412, PL030514, PL060106, PL101091) in order to facilitate the first phase of development, consistent with the Phase 1 Site Plan Control application (see related application 17-228459 STE 28 SA

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 18 234351 STE 28 OZ Oct 1, 2018 Application Received

I have not heard anything about a third phase, certainly nothing is public in that regard. Not sure who the other owners are of the three properties south of the old Fed Ex building.

Per Realnet - Empire has bought the site where the Daniels Sales Centre was (162 QQE) in the last month - $58million

Per Realnet - Empire has bought the site where the Daniels Sales Centre was (162 QQE) in the last month - $58million
Just the sales centre plot? Or the entire south block? Because if it's just the sales centre parcel - holy crap that's a lot for a small little site that IIRC is only allowed mid-rise density.

Looks like just the sales centre plot

Frontage on Queens Quay East: 158.25 feet
Depth : 202.25 feet

It must be the whole strip. Empire would go bankrupt otherwise.

Yup for 58 million it must be
empire 2.PNG

empire.JPG

Attachments

• empire 2.PNG
    empire 2.PNG
    76.9 KB · Views: 890
  • empire.JPG
    empire.JPG
    420.8 KB · Views: 973
Just the sales centre plot? Or the entire south block? Because if it's just the sales centre parcel - holy crap that's a lot for a small little site that IIRC is only allowed mid-rise density.
Yeah i doubt anything over 10-12 storeys gets approved for that whole southern portion, something like Pier 27 Condos might work well there

If it's $200/buildable sf... You need 290,000sf or about 9.3 FSI on the site. While probably a little on the aggressive side.. probably attainable.

Back