What am I missing? How are south-facing tower units screwed re: light?

The (14 or 15 story?) building portion I'm referencing is pretty much cast in shadow most of the time by the 39 story building in front of it; from the May DRP:

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 11.40.55 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 11.40.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 11.40.55 AM.png
    520.7 KB · Views: 894
The 14 story building was 100% sold out according to the sales agent this past Sunday. She didn't mention anything about it being public housing but either way, I just feel that the folks there are pretty screwed being in the shadow.

Anyone know what the deal is with this development? It seems like other waterfront developments have gone on sale and started construction all after the time that Lakeside went on sale. Is it not selling or is it just the development process taking its time?

With Daniels City of the Arts and Monde well into construction/close to completion, I'd love to see this block between them start to fill in.

Here's the Lakeside site—the old Fed Ex facility—as seen from the top of the scissor stair at George Brown. The smaller buildings and parking lot lining Queens Quay in front of the old Fed Ex building are not part of the site.

DSC19502.jpg

Attachments

• DSC19502.jpg
    DSC19502.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 862
Here's the Lakeside site—the old Fed Ex facility—as seen from the top of the scissor stair at George Brown. The smaller buildings and parking lot lining Queens Quay in front of the old Fed Ex building are not part of the site.

My understanding is that there will also be a new 2-way east-west road built there that will terminate @ Jarvis?
lakeside.PNG

Attachments

• lakeside.PNG
    lakeside.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 999
@Automation Gallery: Nope, that new road will end at Richardson Street, facing 'The Yard' on the east side of Daniels Waterfront. I don't expect there'd be much traffic on it.

Don't understand the purpose of the road at all. To the west it'll end at Daniels Waterfront and to the east it'll end at Monde. What could possibly be the benefit of such a short street? Just make it parkland or a pedestrian-only way.

Access to the parking garage?

Yeah I imagine you're right that they'll put access ramps there, but that's only as a result of poor planning (by the developer), not out of necessity. The buildings should extend to Queens Quay (just like Monde and Daniels Waterfront) and the buildings will have plenty access options along the two north-south roads on either side of the site (Richardson St and Lower Sherbourne), meaning there's no need for the additional road.

I suppose whether it works or not will depend on what they end up putting on the southern part of the site. For example, maybe the southern part of the site could be a great strip of retail. However, the southern portion of the site is quite small, so I'm not too hopeful for something interesting.

The buildings should extend to Queens Quay (just like Monde and Daniels Waterfront) and the buildings will have plenty access options along the two north-south roads on either side of the site (Richardson St and Lower Sherbourne), meaning there's no need for the additional road.

I don't believe that this developer owns the lands to the south

Back