One of the towers looks like a toilet. I'm not fond of the ugly slab facing Lake Shore and the Gardiner, either.

Agreed- I would almost rather they eliminate the 'bustle' and redistribute the area across the rest of the buildings.

Also think that this is a good site to introduce some material diversity- some brick would be nice!

Yeah, this looks like a pretty dismal clutch of buildings. Wonky shapes that are supposed to be cool and daringly different, but look instead like graceless rejects from a half-hearted design competition. Weird clunky massing on that tall tower, too. Stodgy as hell. Bleh.

For me the wonky shapes are its only saving grace, but not by much. The lack of colours is what stands out most imo. Maybe there's something in the renders I'm not seeing, but it seems to be whitish/bluish as far as the eye can see. Perhaps it's supposed to replicate the sky and the water, but meh. They have more colour than that.

We've now been told by Greenland that the boxy 14-storey tower close to the Gardiner is not affordable housing. That tower represents 15.8% of the units in phase 1, so without it being affordable housing, I don't know how the company is going to achieve Waterfront Toronto's mandate of 20% affordable housing in all of the projects that are under its auspices.

We've now been told by Greenland that the boxy 14-storey tower close to the Gardiner is not affordable housing. That tower represents 15.8% of the units in phase 1, so without it being affordable housing, I don't know how the company is going to achieve Waterfront Toronto's mandate of 20% affordable housing in all of the projects that are under its auspices.

Yeah, there is a lot more to come on that land to the south, maybe they will just build a standalone affordable housing bldg. similar to what was done @ CityPlace

Greenland don't own the land to the south

This does not look like the good urbanism we were promised on Queens Quay. It looks like the flashy, generic junk space we've come to expect in CityPlace.

The street realm looks awful: made for cars.

The whole waterfront area is. All giant blocks (so that the traffic can flow super fast) dominated by buildings with huge floor plate that are impossible walk around. It's a fully suburban in how it functions and the lifestyle it dictates. I'd never move there unless it's a pragmatic investment opportunity.

East Bayfront seems to be shaping up quite differently than the rest of the waterfront mind you. Agreed on this one - the architecture is boring.

Greenland don't own the land to the south
Gee, i wasn't aware, then my take would be that they build in phase-2 one bigger tower to the west instead of that cluster of mid-rise bldgs in which they can apply for a a variance in height and add the affordable housing?...i think the taller building is yet to come

Gee, i wasn't aware, then my take would be that they build in phase-2 one bigger tower to the west instead of that cluster of mid-rise bldgs in which they can apply for a a variance in height and add the affordable housing?...i think the taller building is yet to come

Nope - 49 storeys is as tall as they are going

Back