Untitled4.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 742
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 708
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 764
I really can't get over how uninspired this is, especially the west tower; would fit in downtown Dallas or wherever.

I think for me I'd be happy if the crowns were more angular to reflect their sail boat concept.

I'd also be happy if it was just not the same colour as everything else.

I think for me I'd be happy if the crowns were more angular to reflect their sail boat concept.

I'd also be happy if it was just not the same colour as everything else.

Yes and yes. I find the focus on the boats in that deck laughable; there is literally zero invocation of anything boat-related in the design, to me.

Anyone want to place bets on the 3D curved glass at the lobbies getting realized as is?

Yes and yes. I find the focus on the boats in that deck laughable; there is literally zero invocation of anything boat-related in the design, to me.

About as seaworthy as the Vasa.

AoD

This looks like it'd be better suited to the financial district than the Waterfront. I don't understand the obsession with insipid tall towers in this area. The footprint of this development is huge and the bare minimum space between the blocks. No new pedestrian walkways, no new greenspace...

Notes from the latest WT CEO report:

The project was presented at the Issues Identification stage. Panel recommendations included:

• The legislative framework should not be driving the public realm;
• More work needs to be done on the positioning of the towers to improve the public realm experience;
• The public realm should frame Sherbourne Common;
• The location of access points for vehicles, woonerf vs courtyard, should not be dominated by vehicle access;
• The architectural character of all three buildings feels inconsistent;
• Consider incorporating softer landscape elements into the courtyard space; and
• The sustainability targets should exceed what is required.

The project was reviewed at the Issues Identification stage and therefore no vote was taken.

Back