I have a suggestion for a new forum FAQ…

Problem:
Another Urban Toronto forum member is deluded that they are the absolute authority on matters of subjective aesthetics.

Solution 1:
Look at photos only. Scroll past text quickly to avoid becoming embroiled in trivial circular arguments.

Solution 2:
Click “settings” at the top right corner.
Scroll down the left pane and click on “Edit Ignore List”.
Add the aforementioned deluded user in the “User Name” field.
Click Okay.
Repeat as needed until the forum becomes bearable to read.

Solutions 3:
Change username to "urbanbigot" and join the affray.

And before you spin the ad-hominem line, all characters referenced in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Last edited:
I can't speak for others, but I make no assumption of my opinions having any bearing on some kind of 'objective assessment' of the issue in question. To my mind, all my thoughts on architecture are my own only, and hence they make no claim on what anyone else should think. And I'm perfectly comfortable with coming here to do that, as I don't expect to get into thorny epistemological debates about aesthetic knowledge when talking about tall buildings. My main expectation here is to voice opinion A and hope that someone else voices opinion B in a way that a) allows the conversation to keep going b) potentially shows me a different way of thinking about the matter at hand and c) allows me to further indulge my odd interest in urban development.

In short, it's just a conversation.

I have a suggestion for a new forum FAQ…

Problem:
Another Urban Toronto forum member is deluded that they are the absolute authority on matters of subjective aesthetics.

Solution 1:
Look at photos only. Scroll past text quickly to avoid becoming embroiled in trivial circular arguments.

Solution 2:
Click “settings” at the top right corner.
Scroll down the left pane and click on “Edit Ignore List”.
Add the aforementioned deluded user in the “User Name” field.
Click Okay.
Repeat as needed until the forum becomes bearable to read.

Solutions 3:
Change username to "urbanbigot" and join the affray.

And before you spin the ad-hominem line, all characters referenced in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Priceless! Somebody make this man a moderator!

I can't speak for others, but I make no assumption of my opinions having any bearing on some kind of 'objective assessment' of the issue in question.

My post certainly wasn't aimed at you Miscreant. It just happened to follow on the thread after your post. I find you to be one of the more balanced commentators on this forum.

65c6447d.jpg

92d71fda.jpg

54679d12.jpg

8f3e2434.jpg

64dd6b47.jpg

b833d938.jpg

3f65c997.jpg

2c99c3cb.jpg

107683b4.jpg

I wonder if that big curved feature cap on the dome is going to eventually be carried all the way down the corner of the tower. It'll look kinda funny if it just stops at the bottom of the dome

But then it might not look so much like a penis. And that's what makes it so "I-con-ic"!

yup. the dome was/is executed perfectly. we NEED to get photos from the inside with the glass panels installed!. and that space deserves more... WAY more than just to be hidden and not used.

man the dome looks good i think the building is decent but compared to the renders the spire looks like crap

Back