I visited Trump today. Stocks is a beautiful place and felt very exclusive and upper class. I also liked Suits at street level. However, I'm baffled why they chose to put the main entrance on Adelaide and the service garage on Bay St. The ground floor lobby was pretty underwhelming considering the brand but I imagine that the sky lobby is much more interesting. I couldn't figure out how to get there however. Maybe I'll go with more time tomorrow.

The reason the main entrance is on Adelaide and the service entrance is on Bay Street has to do with traffic flow in and out of the property. It was a city requirement.

The Sky Lobby is not complete yet and only residents will be able to access it. It won't be open to the public.

Amy Pataki skewers Trump's Stock restaurant in a 1-star review: Trump Tower's lunch is overvalued

I understand the sang-froid of the investment bankers eating their gimmicky $26 hotdogs. They gamble on the market.

It's harder to accept Stock's staff and management play-acting at their five-star roles. The derivative food, lack of sophistication and insulting prices are just deplorable.

Wow! yet another disastrous review!! You would think a five star hotel would come with a five star restaurant with five star service!! $2.50 for "filtered water" LOL aka Toronto tap water. STOCK is just another embarrassment to Toronto's dining scene.

I have never heard of a restaurant charging for "tap" water.

This is a new "low" in the grab for money.

The top of Trump today (Mar. 31) from my POV

Is that a casing on the spire that will be removed? Also when does the blue covering on the mechanical box come off?

I don't have an issue with Trump charging for tap water (not that I would ever go there and pay for it). If people are stupid enough to pay for it, or if there is enough of a niche market for whom this is not a concern, well so be it. This is clearly who they are catering to. Why expect anything different? Why expect 'value' at all??

As for the bad service, this is inexcusable. Unfortunately I don't think Toronto is a '5 star' service kind of town, I'm doubtful the service industry here would even recognize what that means never mind deliver on it. Training and experience will be needed to justify these prices, for sure.

I have never heard of a restaurant charging for "tap" water.

This is a new "low" in the grab for money.

Do u guys get out much???? I'm currently in Chicago and was at the wit last night. They charged 26$ for a glass of martini, plus tips. Go to London, go to new York. Some clubs u won't even be able to get into unless u pay thousands.
U wanna be world class and then u balk at the prices.

Do u guys get out much???? I'm currently in Chicago and was at the wit last night. They charged 26$ for a glass of martini, plus tips. Go to London, go to new York. Some clubs u won't even be able to get into unless u pay thousands.
U wanna be world class and then u balk at the prices.

Having said that, there's no excuse for bad service. But people nowadays don't care, they go where the good lookin, nicely dressed, moneyed people hang out. We don't have to agree with it or do what they do, but that's just how things r done these days.

Some people make a shitload of money and don't care about the 2.50$$.

Having said that, there's no excuse for bad service. But people nowadays don't care, they go where the good lookin, nicely dressed, moneyed people hang out. We don't have to agree with it or do what they do, but that's just how things r done these days.

Some people make a shitload of money and don't care about the 2.50$$.

The prices wouldn't be an issue if the food and service was up to par. It's not good when you can get better service at Jack Astor's.

Well I'm hoping over time that the service will get better. The hotel manager seems to be a French man with a lot of international experience.

Back