News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, the delicious bit is Ayn Rand collected Social Insurance - kind of like how his worship decried medicare and then went in line to benefit from it.

AoD

Remember when Ford threatened to sue Towhey?

The mayor took aim at former staffers Isaac Ransom, George Christopoulos and Mark Towhey in particular, and said his unwillingness to speak before about the allegations contained in censored parts of police documents Wednesday was because he hadn’t yet read them.
“I’ve… never had a prostitute here. I’m very happily married at home, this is very disturbing against my wife,” Ford told reporters.
“I have no other choice. I’m the last one to take legal action, I can’t put up with it anymore.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...nd_driving_says_hell_sue_former_staffers.html

And of course, the delicious bit is Ayn Rand collected Social Insurance - kind of like how his worship decried medicare and then went in line to benefit from it.

AoD

Quite frankly I'm too stupid for Randism. I read the two main books and I dont get the message. Perhaps my pink diapers made me tone deaf. I do wish someone would dig up the quote of ford talking about people who should be paying for healthcare and juxtapose it with his own recent and predicted costs to treat his cancer and gouty toes.

The one question I am curious about is whether Towhey would have stuck with the trainwreck if he didn't get "fired". Someone with a bit more moral fibre and self respect would have quit much, much earlier, given what we know about his worships'. behaviour. You really can't write a tell-all memoir and claim that you aren't part of the process.

AoD

Last edited:
Quite frankly I'm too stupid for Randism. I read the two main books and I dont get the message. Perhaps my pink diapers made me tone deaf. I do wish someone would dig up the quote of ford talking about people who should be paying for healthcare and juxtapose it with his own recent and predicted costs to treat his cancer and gouty toes.

Ask, and ye shall receive:

I’d be a Republican if I was down in the states. So I don’t believe in all this public-funded health care, because we gotta pay for it.

We can’t afford it. What you guys are doing down there, I just, I can’t get my head around it because it’s costing a fortune, and I don’t know where you guys are going to find the money, except for the taxpayers pockets.

And I think people are taxed to death, and I don’t mind two-tier health care; if you want health care, you pay for it. I understand that. We have general health care up here, or OHIP we call it, but, you know, it’s gonna cost a fortune for you guys to put in this Obamacare, and I just don’t see how the people are going to be able to afford it, to tell you the truth.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dai...ses-publicly-funded-healthcare-194317264.html

AoD

It's called a typewriter apostrophe. It's a legit apostrophe, though with today's word processing a little outdated. Still, many fonts use a straight apostrophe as the default, including ITC New Baskerville—the font used. A good typesetter would replace it with a curved one, but it's fair usage regardless.

It still looks terrible, especially set against an italic or script typeface, and one that actually uses proper curly single quotes as well. There's some bar or something in the Trump Tower that has it on their window and it's really glaring, almost like a formatting glitch.

AoD

Rand's justification was that (even though she decried the notion of social insurance being collected from wage earners) she was entitled to collect it ... because she had paid into it until that point. It would indeed be like RoFo's Republican idols raging against medicare but benefiting from it, as you suggested, or not having medical insurance in the first place and begging for financial help to cover medical expenses, which is what socialized medicine is intended to prevent, of course.

Rand's justification was that (even though she decried the notion of social insurance being collected from wage earners) she was entitled to collect it ... because she had paid into it until that point. It would indeed be like RoFo's Republican idols raging against medicare but benefiting from it, as you suggested, or not having medical insurance in the first place and begging for financial help to cover medical expenses, which is what socialized medicine is intended to prevent, of course.

Except the additional score against RoFo is that he, unlike Rand, has been paid for by the taxpayers for the past decade.

AoD

It doesn't make sense, mostly because Rand just came up with self-serving BS to justify everything. Watch one of her talk show appearances on YouTube and it becomes apparent she expected both self-sufficiency AND a free pass to benefit from society without appearing to contribute to it.

'Objectivism' boils down to 'I want what I want; screw the rules and ethics, everyone who stands in my way is fair game'.

The one question Randroids can never really answer is whether 'the ends justifies the means at all costs' implies that they'd be willing to screw over their family to achieve their goals. Because they're adept at skirting the issue of empathy and altruism entirely. Don't they care about anyone but themselves, ever?

Also, they decry 'collectivism' and everything done in the the name of group interests ... but the first thing they do is join an objectivist club. Go figure.

sorry to continue this here if has nothing to do with this thread (although, remember... those targeted in things like project traveller might be supplied by those in project ophoenix), but what's with the following name discrepancy?

sorry to continue this here if has nothing to do with this thread (although, remember... those targeted in things like project traveller might be supplied by those in project ophoenix), but what's with the following name discrepancy?

Others named as co-conspirators are Marco Maone, Zarko Djokic, Antonio Agresta, Carlo Fazzari, Adam D’Andrea, Adnan Mursel, Giuseppe Nesci, Demetre Papadopoulos, Nicodemo Barbaro and Antonio Mediati, Giuseppe Scordo, Glenn Forde, Mir Aali “Mirasif” Hussain, Anthony Persaud, Jorden Kolman, Cosmin Dracea and Richard Avanes.
http://www.24news.ca/the-news/canada...an-mafia-cells

vs.

Others named as co-conspirators are Marco Maone, 32, of Toronto; Zarko Djokic, 30, of Toronto; Carlo Fazzari, 41, of Hamilton; Antonio Agresta, 43, of Hamilton; Adam D’Andrea, 58, of Hamilton; Antonio Mediati, 66, of Oakville; Cosmin Dracea, 38 of Toronto; Adnan Mursel, 31, of Toronto; Jorden Kolman, 50, of Richmond Hill; Giuseppe Nesci, 58, of Woodbridge; Nicodemo Barbaro, 58, of North York; Giuseppe Scordo, 45, of Vaughan; Anthony Persaud, 26, of Toronto; Glenn Forde, 45, of Vaughan; Demetre Papadopoulos, 63, of Aurora; Richard Avanes, 44, or North York; and Syedmeysam Mir, 35.

http://www.24news.ca/the-news/canad...-in-dawn-raids-targeting-canadian-mafia-cells

vs.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...-in-dawn-raids-targeting-canadian-mafia-cells

YRP's own press release and org chart went with the Syedmeysam Mir version:

http://www.yrp.ca/en/Modules/News/i...7&newsId=bc6d339d-d546-43d9-a468-0e853d7560ba

https://icreate.yrp.ca/230002_iCrea...Download/c9adcd22-b82a-40f2-8bf0-40d3082f25c6

Maybe Mir Aali Hussain is an assumed name, or the full name is Syedmeysam Mir Aali Hussain? In some cultures when you ask someone their name you don't necessarily get the full first name, last name in response, or there's a distinction between the last name they're known by and their actual (full) family name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back