News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's just room & board & basic nursing care surely ... the costs for a crew of top flight medics, OR and ICU time, fancy diagnostics, chemo drugs et cetera and so on, must be close to a billion dollars.

ETA: In response to AoD's post on provincial daily rate.

Last edited:
But that's just room & board & basic nursing care surely ... the costs for a crew of top flight medics, OR and ICU time, fancy diagnostics, chemo drugs et cetera and so on, must be close to a billion dollars.

Yup, and I don't have good figures for those. ICU can easily triple that per diem (look at the UHN rate).

AoD

Zing!

Of course, in the interests of paying his own way, Rob could throw $5,000 at the hospital.

It doesn't make sense, mostly because Rand just came up with self-serving BS to justify everything. Watch one of her talk show appearances on YouTube and it becomes apparent she expected both self-sufficiency AND a free pass to benefit from society without appearing to contribute to it.

'Objectivism' boils down to 'I want what I want; screw the rules and ethics, everyone who stands in my way is fair game'.

The one question Randroids can never really answer is whether 'the ends justifies the means at all costs' implies that they'd be willing to screw over their family to achieve their goals. Because they're adept at skirting the issue of empathy and altruism entirely. Don't they care about anyone but themselves, ever?

Also, they decry 'collectivism' and everything done in the the name of group interests ... but the first thing they do is join an objectivist club. Go figure.

It's fun when you can quote her books back at the true believers. They conveniently forget Rearden Steel was a "union shop" where Hank Rearden paid "higher wages than anyone else in the industry." Work that into a living wage debate when you get the chance.

I've read her books several times, though I don't subscribe to her philosophy at all. They are written in a style and manner that can have powerful appeal to minds not fully formed, but quickly develop cracks when subjected to repeated or rigourous examination.

I've been in Etobicoke a lot lately. Ford's Escalade is never there! Where do you think he keeps going? I thought he'd just be vegging on his couch for months. Maybe Renata's taking his car. I sometimes do the Ford crack scandal tour, hoping I'd run into something exciting. But nothing ever happens, aside from the time Elena Basso told me to f off. Oh, does Mikey live with Diane? There's a car in the driveway, plate says M Ford.

I rode by there yesterday morning; two vehicles in the driveway. Of course, it was before noon, so I wouldn't have expected Rob to be up and about yet.

I've been in Etobicoke a lot lately. Ford's Escalade is never there! Where do you think he keeps going? I thought he'd just be vegging on his couch for months. Maybe Renata's taking his car. I sometimes do the Ford crack scandal tour, hoping I'd run into something exciting. But nothing ever happens, aside from the time Elena Basso told me to f off. Oh, does Mikey live with Diane? There's a car in the driveway, plate says M Ford.

He lives with his grandmother Diane Ford.

http://www.thestar.com/yourtoronto/...newest_ford_politician_his_own_man_at_20.html

I’ve recently committed to giving up my car—a red Camaro Nana gave me for my 17th birthday—and taking public transit everywhere I go.

http://www.torontolife.com/informer/people/2015/05/25/qa-michael-ford/

i guess by "giving it up" he meant just leave it in the driveway.

so... about oral sybblis...

does anyone know his middle name and/or his date of birth?

'cause i'd like to know if this...

View attachment 45802

is the same oral sybblis.

seeing as the dates i find for his football career are 1987 and 1989, he could have been 21 in 1984. plus really... how many oral sybblis' could there be from ontario that were in their 20s in the 80s?

i've tried to track down that article to be able to read the whole thing, but so far i can only find places that want you to sign up for a yearly membership in a one-time payment of about $160, which is too much. if someone finds it somewhere for, say, $10 for the one article or issue, let me know and i will buy it for us.

i'm still trying to get my hands on a copy of that article, but I have found out that "Oral was born on July 3, 1963", so yes... he would have been 21 yrs old in sept. of 1984. so that's gotta be him, right?

John Tory is having a rather bad week, so why isn't Doug making a scene? Why no press releases by Rob's office?

in tps division 23, taverner's area...

Hundreds of police officers target Monstarz gang in pre-dawn raids across southern Ontario
Project Pharoah brings together 10 police services targeting gang operating out of Toronto’s northwest corner

the arrests were made in connection with Project Pharaoh – a nine-month investigation into the ‘Monstarz’ street gang.

http://www.ourwindsor.ca/news-story...ng-in-pre-dawn-raids-across-southern-ontario/

Drugs, guns seized in GTA gang raid that included 3 Hamilton homes
30 arrests, 50 warrants executed, 750 officers involved

raided by Toronto police as part of a 2 year project targeting the Monstarz street gang, which police say has been involved in large level drug dealing and violence.

More than people were arrested and 50 search warrants executed by the Toronto police integrated gun and gang task force as part of Project Pharaoh.
[...]
Toronto police described Monstarz as higher than a mid-level street gang.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5...gta-gang-raid-that-included-3-hamilton-homes/

so was it a 9 month or a 2 year investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back