News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of Mikey and his Nana I think he is her Trojan horse. Keeping an eye on the latte set until "Our Brand".is fashionable again. At which point he will have an epiphany, see the error of his ideological ways, and rejoin the family compact. Blaming his leftie ways on his youth. If we here( all up inside this kind of baseball) at UT are able to soften towards a ford two -point- oh with political aspirations because he sounds so unlike his uncles imagine how ford nation will be spinningnthis in 4 years

After you raised this, I began to wonder if the "softening" was more a product of sheer surprise than anything.

Remember, Mikey was silent for a long time, and the two issues of Toronto transport and gay acceptance don't mean he's left wing by any stretch. In fact, both these issues are inevitable, and any politician hoping to continue his/her career needs to get with the orthodoxy of the times. Mikey himself may lack the strong opinions and obstructionist tendencies of his uncles, but he did choose the name Ford.

I'm no more optimistic than I was 6 months ago, but perhaps more resigned. Basically if he keeps out of the gossip pages, Ward 2 will be his.

Andray Domise may have Potemkined his support base, but he did raise a heap of important issues. And what happened? Nada. Niente. So at least we know what to expect.

After you raised this, I began to wonder if the "softening" was more a product of sheer surprise than anything.

Remember, Mikey was silent for a long time, and the two issues of Toronto transport and gay acceptance don't mean he's left wing by any stretch. In fact, both these issues are inevitable, and any politician hoping to continue his/her career needs to get with the orthodoxy of the times. Mikey himself may lack the strong opinions and obstructionist tendencies of his uncles, but he did choose the name Ford.

I'm no more optimistic than I was 6 months ago, but perhaps more resigned. Basically if he keeps out of the gossip pages, Ward 2 will be his.

Andray Domise may have Potemkined his support base, but he did raise a heap of important issues. And what happened? Nada. Niente. So at least we know what to expect.

Domise knew he would probably lose. At this point he is positioned for a provincial run in 2018. Also note with Queen's Park moving it's election up to June there will be plenty of time for candidates to take a crack at both elections.

Because Stirpe is so much better?? :rolleyes:

Anyways, I think Mikey is of the blissfully naive belief that he can be a social liberal so long as he's fiscally conservative. Problem with that is (a) doesn't work too well (things cost money); and (b) FordNation base is not content with just 'saving taxpayers money' -- you have to be down with all their ideological causes, too.

Unless Pumpkin isn't talking.

wishes.JPG

Attachments

• wishes.JPG
    wishes.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 532
The Case for Encryption

Kevin Donovan, an investigative reporter and editor at the Toronto Star, is no stranger to tiptoeing through sensitive stories involving police investigations and wiretaps—be it the Rob Ford crack scandal or corruption within Ontario government agencies. “More and more, people I interview are worried that their communication with me will be intercepted, either by our government or sometimes even by businesses or their institution,” says Donovan. “It makes sources more nervous about speaking out.” But Donovan isn’t as worried as his sources, and he doesn’t use encryption regularly. “I focus a lot on talking to people directly,” he explains. “I don’t write their names in my books, for example. I may be an idiot, but I don’t think the government is surveilling me or the people I am interviewing.”

https://cjfe.org/resources/features/case-encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back