News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father languished in palliative care for nearly 2 months. That said, the statement issued sounds like Rob's time here is limited.

Palliative care means suspension of any and all active treatments. Treatment is strictly a matter of pain control and ushering in death with dignity.

Not sure if the tweeter meant to use that term, but if so, the end is very near.

Not necessarily. My mother was a palliative patient for almost two years before she died from her cancer.

Hang in there Robbie, just a little longer - tomorrow's my birthday!

Received my first Bday gift already today. (A black Bernie Sanders for President t-shirt and I'll be wearing it tmo.)

Not necessarily. My mother was a palliative patient for almost two years before she died from her cancer.

Indeed - palliative care just means that treatment that isn't curative - having said that if one is at the palliative ward/unit at the hospital (and there isn't anything that suggests that to be the case, one way or another) chances are the individual will not long for this world.

Maybe JT knew something? The whole tolling the Gardiner study raised nary a fuzz - the timing is awfully suspicious.

AoD

Indeed - palliative care just means that treatment that isn't curative - having said that if one is at the palliative ward/unit at the hospital (and there isn't anything that suggests that to be the case, one way or another) chances are the individual will not long for this world.

Maybe JT knew something? The whole tolling the Gardiner study raised nary a fuzz - the timing is awfully suspicious.

AoD

Norm KellyVerified account‏@norm
Please keep Rob Ford in your prayers tonight.

Hmmm........maybe Norm knows something too?

It's been so long since I have posted, but I have been following when I can. Sorry if this has already been discussed, but wasn't Rob just accepted into a promising new treatment trial? That was announced not long ago, to very little response from the media. Could this latest death report be a ruse to keep Rob at the forefront of media coverage, with Doug promising an explanation tomorrow on CP24? That said, I've gone through the process of having a parent in a prolonged palliative care unit, who was also a prominent Torontonian, with a very proud claim to fame, but short of a few glowing articles in the local papers, an amazing tribute booklet from City Hall, and a flurry of interest for a month or so, that was the end of it. Then again he didn't smoke crack. That I know of..... :). I'm sorry if I sound heartless about Rob's imminent demise, but I think this is the first time karma (which I take with a grain of salt) has actually caught up with someone. My heart goes out to his kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back