News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure if the media got the news that death is imminent the would surely give the family the space and privacy they need.

They had all the privacy they needed until the moment Doug blew back into town and started talking about those stupid mice and that maudlin website to any and every media outlet that would listen.

(cue music sting) Bah, bah b-ing
DAY 2: And the 2016 Rob Ford Countdown to Death continues...
In a world gone mad, the hottest political bromance of 2010 lives on... (but not in a faggy, pink bicycle kinda way)
(cue Celine Dion, My Heart Will Go On)

Toronto Sun @TheTorontoSun
Coach in Ford's corner: “I put the chain (of office) around his neck and I love him.” ow.ly/ZI1CL

Comparing Ford to Trump is not flattering...

And for something completely different...

160319-0001.png

Attachments

• 160319-0001.png
    160319-0001.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 551
The only way to stop all these 'rumors and innuendos' is for the family to give an 'honest' statement regarding his health. I know the honest part will be difficult, but let's face it all these rumors must be hell. Media is once again camping outside the hospital fishing for news bits this can be resolved with an update and promise to keep media informed. I am sure if the media got the news that death is imminent the would surely give the family the space and privacy they need.

Having said that, we are talking about the dysfunctional Ford family circus and actually crave this attention.
He has kids, do you think it'd be nice for them to have to see the news channels chirp "Rob Ford is on his death bed, in and out of consciousness and doctor's say it's only a matter of days" every hour (especially the repetitive nature of CP24, which is on in stores, waiting rooms, etc, and has a news text crawl so even if the sound is off you're still not spared)? Come on, imagine what that would be like for his family members. I don't remember receiving hourly or daily updates leading up to Jack Layton's death.

As for the stories about the mice, it could have been the Panov program that wanted the stories published to raise awareness of their program, attract donors, etc. The fact is, the Fords have been quiet. It is the media and other people who stirred this up. Even here we were noting that the Fords were being quiet up until the mice story came out. We were shocked that there was no criticism of Tory's budget, not even a statement that would have been written and tweeted by Dan Jacobs.

It's fine to be a hater, but don't be a mindless hater. Take a deep breath and count to ten. The Fords aren't attention-seeking here, and they're not asking for any "special treatment."

It's fine to be a hater, but don't be a mindless hater. Take a deep breath and count to ten. The Fords aren't attention-seeking here, and they're not asking for any "special treatment."
totally get where you are coming from but they did just set up and advertise a get well website that seems primarily aimed at making doug look good.

totally get where you are coming from but they did just set up and advertise a get well website that seems primarily aimed at making doug look good.
The site doesn't make me think of Doug. I know his creepy "smile" is there on the home page but that has no effect on how I think of him, and frankly I think it has no effect on the Ford supporters who left their messages there. Ford Nation never cared about Doug, and never will. Anyway I'm not going to drag the whole family for something Doug might have done (I'd like to say that it will make me think worse of Doug, but I couldn't possibly think less of him than I already did.)

Even though it's only been 2 weeks since the site came up, maybe there was still some faint hope at the time, or at least maybe Rob had some faint hope (even if the others knew better) and they wanted to keep his spirits up. And yeah, maybe they wanted to give his supporters a last chance to say something nice to him without making an overly grim announcement (it was clear to me that the site was "goodbye" not "get well"). We're not his supporters, but other people are, and it's a free country.

Doug Ford 2018 or as Ward 2 councillor again?

Being Ward 2 councillor again? Doug would surely view that as an enormous step backward given his apparently lofty ambitions. And if Rob's getting set to shuffle off this mortal coil in the near future, I can't see Doug maintaining his interest in the mayoralty until 2018. The holy aura of Rob will have faded by then and Doug's nothing more than the back end of that pantomime horse. He'll find something else in the meantime to screw up royally.

He has kids, do you think it'd be nice for them to have to see the news channels chirp "Rob Ford is on his death bed, in and out of consciousness.

Neither a hater nor mindless. I guess attention seeking does not include setting up web sites and making TV appearances with wishy washy messages. Saint Jack Layton's condition was obvious and there was no hoopla.

As for the children? Emotional & sad times are ahead and I sincerely hope someone is preparing these children for the outcome that may lay ahead. Was not suggesting news flashing bulletins but an honest update will or might spell the end to all the speculations.

Neither a hater nor mindless. I guess attention seeking does not include setting up web sites and making TV appearances with wishy washy messages. Saint Jack Layton's condition was obvious and there was no hoopla.

As for the children? Emotional & sad times are ahead and I sincerely hope someone is preparing these children for the outcome that may lay ahead. Was not suggesting news flashing bulletins but an honest update will or might spell the end to all the speculations.
Those children have lived their short lives full of emotional, sad and confusing times. Hopefully, they will achieve some sense of normalcy and stability after this is all over. Their dad might be leaving, but I am not convinced that it was at all beneficial to their well being when he was around.

It'll be Mikey for Ward 2. Doug - who the hell knows at this point. Probably waiting to see who wins the federal leadership.

This has Diane's fingerprints all over it.

Mikey likes being a trustee though. Would he quit halfway though just because grandma told him so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back