News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not heard this myself so I just throw it out there as part of today's chatter. A poster on fb has just said: "Warmington spoke on 640 just now saying Rob had promised to leave a brown envelope with info, naming names etc. "

...hidden in an Esso washroom somewhere in etobicoke.

Misinformation from the Fords? When have we ever gotten anything else from this sack of weasels? I think this 'medical' narrative started with Robbie's "rehab" spun into his first "illness".

When we get the OFFICIAL BREAKING NEWS announcement I expect Iola to appear in front of MSH kneeling and wailing at the base of a large wooden cross.
you guys are all jerks

His lifestyle choices combined with a known possible disposition to cancer is rather damning.
empathy...maybe
respect? not a chance....

Please stop repeating this nonsense mantra. There are literally millions of people who have gotten cancer and not managed to beat it – from infants to the elderly and all ages in between – who led exemplary lives: exercising three times a week, eating fibre, vegetarians, and so on. This line of thought is so offensive to people who've lost loved ones to cancer: this idea that maybe if you'd done something different, you wouldn't have gotten it (or you'd have managed to "beat it").

This post from Joe Cressy is honest. Acknowledges the death, expresses sympathy for the family, but no hypocritical "I will miss him" blather.
Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 12.32.59 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 12.32.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 12.32.59 PM.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 578
Please stop repeating this nonsense mantra. There are literally millions of people who have gotten cancer and not managed to beat it – from infants to the elderly and all ages in between – who led exemplary lives: exercising three times a week, eating fibre, vegetarians, and so on. This line of thought is so offensive to people who've lost loved ones to cancer: this idea that maybe if you'd done something different, you wouldn't have gotten it (or you'd have managed to "beat it").

There is probably truth to it at a population level (we know obesity, various chemicals, etc elevates risk) - but it would be impossible to tell on a case by case basis.

AoD

This post from Joe Cressy is honest. Acknowledges the death, expresses sympathy for the family, but no hypocritical "I will miss him" blather.

Even the language around the fighter one could do without - it debases the choice by someone not to fight it to its' logical conclusion as one that is somehow "lesser" in worth.

Eulogies tells one more about the individual writing and the society it was written in than the individual himself.

AoD

I lost two close relatives to cancer. They never smoked, drank, exercised, and ate healthy.

RIP.

People should show respect for the dead. It is basic human decency.

Some of the responses I have read in this thread are nothing short of disgusting.

To unconditionally show respect for dead people is not decency, it's cowardice.

Rob Ford was despicable hate-mongering willfully ignorant bigot.

I lost two close relatives to cancer. They never smoked, drank, exercised, and ate healthy.

I think you will find quite a few commenting in this particular thread having extensive experience with cancer. It's an awful - and indeed life-changing disease to those with it and those around it. Having said that, life goes on, and it is especially appalling when someone milks it for political benefit.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back