News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warmington's column doesn't even bother to talk about him as a person, just as saving the taxpayers money. You would think that he would focus on more than that...
That spiel is or rather was his meal ticket.

Oh to be a fly on the wall at Rob's wake:

Lisi: "Man I'm sure gonna miss him"

Bellissimo: "Except for that time he made you cry like a little schoolgirl"

Lisi: "At least he didn't punch me in the face with a bag of McDonalds"

Bellissimo : "Good Times, Good Times"!

Last edited:
Saving taxpayers money ... the thing that didn't really happen, much.

In fact quite the opposite happened.

Screen shot 2016-03-22 at 4.27.36 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-03-22 at 4.27.36 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-03-22 at 4.27.36 PM.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 605
Not just an internet forum -but people censor thoughts and feelings according to the sphere they operate in (close friends, general public, official statements in positions of power, etc) You may call it cowardly and hypocritical - but at the end of the day, society don't function very well unless one is diplomatic in public. You don't get to say things in public just because you thought it in your head or shared it with a few close friends. Or dumped it out online.

You don't do it? I highly doubt that - just look at how we censor ourselves in public in say the realm of sexuality and what constitute "appropriate behaviour". We most certainly do NOT say what we feel and get away with it.

AoD
I have told anyone who will listen today - in person - that I'm glad of this news.
I also told rob and Doug to their faces what I think of them.
I guess my karma is good ....

There is a lot of "rot in hell Robin Doolittle"

There was a post on r/CanadaPolitics regarding Ford's passing that read, "Toronto Star reporters Robin Doolittle and Daniel Dale have blood on there (sic) hands."

However, as that is a heavily moderated forum, that comment was deleted. In fact the mods there had to lock the thread, largely for violations of the decorum rules in that place.

Regardless, these sorts of sentiments regarding various perceived 'Tormentors' of Robert Bruce Ford from his supporters are likely to get louder. One only hopes there is at least a brief respite from overly negative assessments from his detractors until such time as the story isn't so raw.

It is unfortunate that Rob Ford has died at such an early age and I do feel sympathy for his children. There are many, myself included, who would have preferred he hung around and either suffered due justice or somehow atoned for his indiscretions.

It has been quite the experience following and contributing to this thread. Odd, isn't it, that anonymous strangers can feel like friends when you share a common foe? Thank you all for a rollicking ride!

That being said, be careful out there - the "Nation" has lost their leader and they might be getting hungry.

Last edited:
Re: The future of the Ford fiefdom in Etobicoke. As several of us have commented here on previous occasions, I'm not sure how good a fit young Mike will be for any heir apparent ambitions Thug and Diane might have for him. Rofo's "success" (if you can call it that) was entirely based on brute tribalism, and I very much doubt the mouth frothers that make up his fan base will find much satisfaction with Mike. From all evidence, he's far more politically mainstream than the brand of toxic hatefulness practiced by the brutish assholes he's unfortunate enough to have for uncles. There just isn't sufficient red meat for the Ford Nayshun stalwarts with Mikey, and Thug, needless to say, is simply too repellent a figure, what with being as cuddly as a rattlesnake and all. So who does that leave? Randy?

As for Rob himself, I'm tempted to say something flippant, but really, I wanted this saga to end with the rotten bastard actually receiving some long overdue punishment for his various crimes. What happened instead is pretty much the opposite: He's managed to slither off the hook for good this time, and as we're already seeing, there's no shortage of pea brains crawling out of the woodwork to beatify St. Slobbicus of Etobickus and screech abuse at those of us unwilling to go along with the whitewashing. Well, to hell with that. I'm not happy Ford's dead, but I'm sure as shit not sad about it, and I see no reason to pretend he was anything other than he was, i.e. human waste.

The death of Rob Ford was not expected. What was not expected was the bombing in Belgium that killed more than 30 people. And there is the federal budget that came out today. Which should be the main headline in Wednesday's newspapers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back