8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Rob Ford.

Some of you are disgusting freaks, reading the last few pages was painful.

Shame on some of you, shame.

Warmington's column doesn't even bother to talk about him as a person, just as saving the taxpayers money. You would think that he would focus on more than that...

I remember all these people saying how awful it was that the unqualified Mike Ford defeated the highly qualified, respected John Hastings as school trustee. In fact Hastings wasn't highly qualified or respected at all, he was a rabid social conservative who often seconded Trustee Sam's motions.
And if he ran for Rob's seat he would probably be the most progressive councillor in Etobicoke!

Indeed. Without even Peter Milczyn or Gloria Lindsay-Luby, the councillors from Etobicoke are, collectively, an awful lot. Poor Sarah Doucette; she's kept in Community Council that not only has Etobicoke councillors, it also has such luminaries as Mammo and Frances Nunziata.

At least Scarborough has Michael Thompson and Paul Ainslie.

Indeed. Without even Peter Milczyn or Gloria Lindsay-Luby, the councillors from Etobicoke are, collectively, an awful lot. Poor Sarah Doucette; she's kept in Community Council that not only has Etobicoke councillors, it also has such luminaries as Mammo and Frances Nunziata.

At least Scarborough has Michael Thompson and Paul Ainslie.
Don't forget Di Ciano, who appears to be both sleazy enough and smart enough to cause real damage.

The crack video is evidence in Lisi's trial; until that trial is either conducted or else dropped, it can't be shown. Rob was just a potential witness in that trial, not a target of it. Now whether the Crown has a case if Rob's gone, that is another story.

I don't know what kind of news stories could be published after his death if they couldn't be published before. If your news story is correct, you have no need to fear a lawsuit (and the Fords never sue anyways). But I imagine some anecdotes and other information might shake loose.

Convenient he's gone before the trial.
In my wildest theory I think they faked it and have shuttled him to florida.

Don't bother telling me I'm going to hell. I already bought the tickets

Much as I find the "haters" tag childish - I think reasonable people can disagree with someone without being a 'hater' - I'll go ahead and speak on behalf of myself and probably lots of other 'haters' here.

This very much was not "my wish." My wish would be that Rob Ford have to face justice for some - hell, any - of his many transgressions of law, council policy, decorum, and basic decency. I had no wish that he would die. Honestly, I'd much rather he live to a ripe old age in sincere contrition for what he did wrong, and trying with the time he had left to make it right.

Well said, sir/madam.

Regardless of his imbroglios, 46 is far too young. And this is a hell of away to go. Thinking of his kids.

I'm not saying to respect him as mayor or for his life choices. But he's dead. He wasn't Hitler, Dick Cheney, or Charles Manson.

It's real bad karma speaking bad about the dead.

Anyway, I'm not here to change anyone's opinion. Do and say as you wish.

I'll object just cause I'm like that but we are trying to do and say. Only you keep telling us that what we are doing and saying is wrong. Which means you'd like us to change that.
Cause I've read it 4 times in catching up in the last 15 minutes on here.

I'm sure karma has already had a fun time killing rob of cancer in payment for his time being an abusive man.

I've just buried my father who lost his own abusive dad at a young age - and passed on the abusive crap to us by sainting his own abusive father and letting us know we were not good enough.

I choose to change the behaviour by not sainting the dead just because of something stupid like karma gets you for being bad to dead people.

Let's be good to the living. Let's set up a fund for his poor kids who still live in an abusive and now worse off family with no scapegoat.

Again. Don't bother telling me I'm going to hell. I'm paving the way with good intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back