News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was her, I'd take the insurance money et al and emigrate. If she has Polish citizenship, you could start up a new life there in the EU. Otherwise, go the USA sunbelt, raise the kids in Texas or somewhere warm and away from the Fords.
Do you think he had life insurance? For my plan you have to be under 300 pounds. Or if you were over 300 and have lost weight you have to show you've maintained that loss for a year before getting coverage. Maybe he paid a premium for some plan?

Do you think he had life insurance? For my plan you have to be under 300 pounds. Or if you were over 300 and have lost weight you have to show you've maintained that loss for a year before getting coverage. Maybe he paid a premium for some plan?

I wonder if the city offers any workplace plans.

AoD

It won't be enough to keep her household going without a steady income. Even living frugally, she's going to need $50,000 a year just to make ends meet. Something tells me that Renata doesn't make soup from scratch. Unless he had private coverage, maybe through Deco, the amount Renata will get will not last until the kids reach their majority. She might have to go to work at Deco.:rolleyes:

Curious. Did Doug Ford, as Councillor for Ward 2, handle phone calls and problems in Ward 2 the same way as Rob Ford did? Or did he pass them off to Rob or 311?

Andray Domise published a thorough article on this subject, reporting that Doug did little as a Councillor beyond making some promises that he failed to keep. IIRC he moved a total of 5 things at the Community Council for his riding; one being to fence off the path to Windsor Drive from Dixon Road and the others being about illegal driveway widening. Also IIRC, he moved nothing of substance (as opposed to procedure) at City Council. Similarly, according to Towhey's book Doug hated being a Councillor and avoided it as much as he could, including by spending long periods in Chicago and otherwise. It seems that he only showed up at CH for some Council or committee meetings, or to generate press scrums with himself or to worm his way into meetings to which he was not invited and otherwise try to sit in Rob's mayoral swivel chair. The only service that Ward 2 constituents would have received while Doug was in office had to be from calling 311 themselves or from some staffer in his office.

Dan Jacobs is encouraging people to send in videos, presumably for some video tribute at the funeral. I really think they are setting themselves up for failure and this is not going to be the spectacular spectacle they are hoping for. Ford Nation likes to their events to feature free costco hamburgers and red solo cups.

I wonder if they're going to get Jenny James to sing Amazing Grace. Or something by Rob's favourite band Triumph.

It won't be enough to keep her household going without a steady income. Even living frugally, she's going to need $50,000 a year just to make ends meet. Something tells me that Renata doesn't make soup from scratch. Unless he had private coverage, maybe through Deco, the amount Renata will get will not last until the kids reach their majority. She might have to go to work at Deco.:rolleyes:

It might come down to how much she is offered to do a 'tell all' versus how much 'the family' offers her not to.

Being an addict or partaking drugs is the least of the issue in and on its' own - it is all that is around it (i.e. association with questionable characters, his inability to perform, blatant stonewalling, etc) that is problematical in the context of his job.

Anyone with self-respect, self-awareness and respect for the office would have resigned a long time ago. Instead, we have someone holding the city hostage because he is too proud (because we all knew how much he loved that chain of office) and boneheaded, causing himself grief. Casting him as the victim is just pathetic.

AoD
Proud may not be the word for him as that would suggest having some dignity, which was never apparent at any time in his position of Mayor. Narcissistic/ egotistical bonehead seems like a more accurate description of his love of being Mayor.

Have been watching with disgust and much nausea to see the CBC and CTV giving Rob Fords death more coverage than the deaths, injuries and tragedy in Belgium. Pretty sad commentary on our societal values! All the interviews with Kelly, Tory, Nunziata, Mammolini etc have been quite sickening. I wish somebody would run all the previous clips from these same people when Rob was alive and causing them stress and concern side by side now with their present canonization of him in death. Reality check would be good as this two faced business does not speak well for their integrity. Even Rex Murphy was shocking as I had always admired him for his directness and honest speak and now am very disappointed.

I too believe that death does not and should not give people wings when they have not even tried to be good / decent people in life.

If the Ford clan is so needy for attention that they would put on the public display at city hall for two days during what should be private, difficult grieving time for family bonding it is pretty obvious what their family values are (ego/politics).........is this the Royal family or what? Guess you have to admire their persistance in upholding the legend and their stamina for most of us could not and would not deal our grief in such a public way.

Proud may not be the word for him as that would suggest having some dignity, which was never apparent at any time in his position of Mayor. Narcissistic/ egotistical bonehead seems like a more accurate description of his love of being Mayor.

Have been watching with disgust and much nausea to see the CBC and CTV giving Rob Fords death more coverage than the deaths, injuries and tragedy in Belgium. Pretty sad commentary on our societal values! All the interviews with Kelly, Tory, Nunziata, Mammolini etc have been quite sickening. I wish somebody would run all the previous clips from these same people when Rob was alive and causing them stress and concern side by side now with their present canonization of him in death. Reality check would be good as this two faced business does not speak well for their integrity. Even Rex Murphy was shocking as I had always admired him for his directness and honest speak and now am very disappointed.

I too believe that death does not and should not give people wings when they have not even tried to be good / decent people in life.

If the Ford clan is so needy for attention that they would put on the public display at city hall for two days during what should be private, difficult grieving time for family bonding it is pretty obvious what their family values are (ego/politics).........is this the Royal family or what? Guess you have to admire their persistance in upholding the legend and their stamina for most of us could not and would not deal our grief in such a public way.

It's not that hard for them. Diane and Dougie are legitimate psychopaths.

It's far more than gross to me. I work with kids. This is abuse. Firstly, the kids's outside with no shoes. Even based on that I'd be saying things are very wrong.
Absolutely the Sun would have a SIGNED document allowing it or else it wouldn't have happened. If they didn't? Their lawyers would have lost it. 14 year old kids can't be interviewed without parental permission in my arena.

Coaching a child the day after his fathers death like that is tantamount to clear abuse to me. I'm calling CAS in the am. I can't let this final attempt to destroy these kids go by unnoticed.

Again my alcoholic father lost his dad at 7 and that messed up iodolization of an abuser will haunt Dougie his whole life. He will never be able to realize that narcissists set him up to fail.

Terrible shame.
Thank you so much for advocating for those poor children, such a sick family, too much money and position has certainly caused a failure to protect them in that home. I cannot see them growing up healthy emotionally so that if they do wake up as an adult they will have some heavy lifting to try to undo the damage and become healthy balanced adults. Little Dougie is such an enthusiastic , innocent, gullible likeable kid and Stephanie so angry/ sad ( her acquired from home foul mouth is no help).......puppy indeed, what they needed was stable, connected, available, loving, non addicted parents but hopefully the grandparents who raise them are healthy and safe nurturing harbor for them. Please keep us posted a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back