News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cp24.com/news/mammoliti-...ug-ford-to-fill-late-brother-s-seat-1.2841618
I was going to put this in the "ridiculous comments by councillors" thread, but it seemed more appropriate here. Mammo wants Doug to be appointed as Ward 2 councillor.

Doug can line up for the appointment process just like everyone else. Let him make his case to Council, and then let them vote on it.

The last time they did, we got Peter Leon, which is far preferable to the proposed alternative.

ETA: Losing Ward 2 would be so wonderfully appropriate given that's pretty much how Doug Sr. got kicked out of provincial politics.

None of the kids have careers or jobs - they spend all their time on hobbies. Why would any of them give that up to sit in zoning meetings and answer phone calls about broken sinks and loud neighbours?

Good point. I don't think they have the interest and Doug probably doesn't want them involved while he thinks he's still relevant.

That would be logical.

AoD

I'm no Trekker/Trekkie, but I found the comparison of the FoBros to Pakleds very instructive.

Doug can line up for the appointment process just like everyone else. Let him make his case to Council, and then let them vote on it.

The last time they did, we got Peter Leon, which is far preferable to the proposed alternative.

ETA: Losing Ward 2 would be so wonderfully appropriate given that's pretty much how Doug Sr. got kicked out of provincial politics.

I don't see council agreeing with his emergency motion.

Good point. I don't think

I'm no Trekker/Trekkie, but I found the comparison of the FoBros to Pakleds very instructive.

An apt comparison!

Surely, this too is a joke:

View attachment 71405

I don't think Mammo is capable of a joke, even a poorly timed one like getting rid of Rob's ward right after he dies.

However ... remember how RoFo used to mention halving the number of wards from time to time - without any kind of plan as to how to do it or what it would cost? Mammo could use that to exploit the 'it's what Rob would have wanted' angle.

That guy Andray Domise really riled Ford Nation up on the Oakley Show this morning. The calls and Tweets that followed were pretty nasty. He sometimes rubs me the wrong way too but it's always fun when Ford supporters flip out. Then Warmington called in right after.

Just listened to the clip. Andray was very much on point ... not hysterically anti-Ford. He's best when he gives specific examples of the Fordian neglect.

Just listened to the clip. Andray was very much on point ... not hysterically anti-Ford. He's best when he gives specific examples of the Fordian neglect.
It'd be fun to hear him and Warmington go toe to toe. Or a tag team match with Desmond Cole and Mike McCormack thrown into the mix. They've had a few fun debates.

Just listened to that clip - have no idea how anyone can listen to talk radio all day and not want to stick their head in an oven

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 46s47 seconds ago
Tory said council decided not to declare Ford's Ward 2 seat vacant seat just hours after remembering him, day after funeral.
Cynthia Mulligan ‏@CityCynthia 32s32 seconds ago
Mayor believes was right decision to wait till next council meeting before declaring Rob Ford's seat vacant #topoli

I think Tory has handled this about as well as anyone could given the circumstances.

Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV 1m1 minute ago
John Tory: "I love Councillor Mammoliti because he can invent a reason for any emergency motion."

Good response!

Well, here we go. Looks like Doug's back to Chicago and Mikey is staying on at the school board...

View attachment 71395

View attachment 71396

Haha. Good one. I could be wrong but I got the impression that Kyla was a "if I don't have anything nice to say..." kind of girl. IIRC if there were any remarks about Uncle Rob on her Instagram, they went unanswered although I do recall one time someone asking if he was her dad. All she said was "No", not "No, he's my uncle!", just "No". Although Doug is a wonderful father. Best Daddy Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back