News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the group: Among the mainstream media, who do you think provided the best coverage of Rob's death, memorials and funeral. I don't watch much TV or listen the radio, so I can only comment on newspapers. My vote goes to the Post. It stuck pretty much to covering the news and put together a very good, very even-handed video featuring reporters who covered Rob talking about his mayoralty and the Ford Nation phenomenon. The worst? The Globe and Mail. It slathered on useless column after useless column and came off sounding obsequious.

Interesting comment. I am so curious how Doug got that information. It seems as an outsider he's well informed regarding what council will decide regarding ward 2 since the subject was not to be debated until May. Is Doug the unofficial ward 2 lobbyist?
Cronyism or pure bullshit.

Well, here we go. Looks like Doug's back to Chicago and Mikey is staying on at the school board...

newstalk.png

kyla1.png

Attachments

• newstalk.png
    newstalk.png
    29 KB · Views: 753
  • kyla1.png
    kyla1.png
    545.1 KB · Views: 722
http://www.cp24.com/news/mammoliti-...ug-ford-to-fill-late-brother-s-seat-1.2841618
I was going to put this in the "ridiculous comments by councillors" thread, but it seemed more appropriate here. Mammo wants Doug to be appointed as Ward 2 councillor.

Doug can line up for the appointment process just like everyone else. Let him make his case to Council, and then let them vote on it.

The last time they did, we got Peter Leon, which is far preferable to the proposed alternative.

ETA: Losing Ward 2 would be so wonderfully appropriate given that's pretty much how Doug Sr. got kicked out of provincial politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back