News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

What's happening at Yonge and Eglinton? With the two TBM's coming on fast from the west, they'll have to be removed in a couple of months or so.

Amendments are almost always made as one proceeds towards construction. The same happened with the Crosstown.

Yes amendments always happen. But the amendments happening to these are rather significant. This includes potentially cutting a signicant amount of stations, different degree of grade separations, and for the East, a redesign of the service concept to include through routing via ECLRT. When it's all said and done it'll probably look similar to what was in the EA, but signicant changes can and will likely be made.

I wouldn't be surprised to see stops cut from West and East, and some degree of grade separation for West (trenches under intersections have been proposed)

Yes amendments always happen. But the amendments happening to these are rather significant. This includes potentially cutting a signicant amount of stations, different degree of grade separations, and for the East, a redesign of the service concept to include through routing via ECLRT. When it's all said and done it'll probably look similar to what was in the EA, but signicant changes can and will likely be made.
The amendment for the current Eglinton project already deals with the changes at Kennedy, leaving an alignment coming out of the proposed LRT for extension eastward.

I've seen no indication that changes stops or grade separation will occur. But that would require a simple amendment, like has been done elsewhere (i.e. Mount Dennis).

Though if they are just shifting a stop a short distance, or eliminating them entirely, I don't think they have to complete an EA. I don't recall an amendment to the Sheppard subway EA, simply because they decided not to build Willowdale station at that time.

I never suggested they'd have to do a new EA. I was saying the design might change in such a way that affects the speed of the line.

Extending the Eglinton Crosstown LRT westward would mean the destruction of farmland.

Eglinton & Jane... in 1963.

Eglinton ended at Jane Street. There was no bridge over the Humber River.

Last edited:
Continuous?

How about ECLRT at Don Mills? are they building the DRL station at the same time as ECLRT construction, or have they admitted that the DRL long (or even medium) is not on the 25 year horizon.

Continuous?

How about ECLRT at Don Mills? are they building the DRL station at the same time as ECLRT construction, or have they admitted that the DRL long (or even medium) is not on the 25 year horizon.
Even if it is in their 25 year horizon, I am almost taking it for granted that they are too shortsighted to consider building a DRL station.

any idea where it will go underground or has thath not been planed
It was to go underground west of Kennedy. From the East, I think it was to be a terminal station underground, but east of the rail corridor. Pedestrians. Would walk under the rails to get to BD or the Eg LRT.

Things may change with the semi-new Eglinton East plan.

It was to go underground west of Kennedy. From the East, I think it was to be a terminal station underground, but east of the rail corridor. Pedestrians. Would walk under the rails to get to BD or the Eg LRT.

Things may change with the semi-new Eglinton East plan.

I'm sure that it will be future-proofed to some degree, to whatever degree is possible at this point.

Getting very close to Yonge Street:

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 12.43.49 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 12.43.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 12.43.49 PM.png
    141 KB · Views: 748
Is the extraction shaft actually East of Yonge? I assumed it was the old bus station area (on the West side)

Back