News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
dougie a backbencher? when he could grandstand regularly in toronto city council with a live Rogers television feed and Sun and CP24 reporters waiting in the halls?

Well he might be offered a cabinet position which I think Tim Hudak would have done.

Well he might be offered a cabinet position which I think Tim Hudak would have done.

But what's he bringing to the table as someone who is legitimately in the fold? He isn't exactly popular outside the GTA (or even inside, on that matter). He is loaded with baggage. Brown probably would want a way to bring in the FN crowd without Doug, if possible.

AoD

I wonder if, like other cheap low-taxing free enterprisers, FoFam has any laundry in Panama. Fonseca has an active office in Miami. Apparently, among other services, for instance, hiding wealth from ex-spouses, especially by heavily lawyered up clients, is a convenience for millionaires and we have had hints that a few Canadians are in the data drop.

But what's he bringing to the table as someone who is legitimately in the fold? He isn't exactly popular outside the GTA (or even inside, on that matter). He is loaded with baggage. Brown probably would want a way to bring in the FN crowd without Doug, if possible.

AoD
If (big if) he can deliver seats in the 416 he'll be a key player in a PC majority. That's worth a cabinet post. Maybe if they get five seats in Toronto he'll insist on deputy leader.

This could be very interesting. Brown is trying to move the party leadership away from guys that think and talk like Doug. If he decides to take Doug on board, he'll be looking over his shoulder the entire time. Plus I don't think he'd bring enough to balance out his negatives. But what do I know?

If (big if) he can deliver seats in the 416 he'll be a key player in a PC majority. That's worth a cabinet post. Maybe if they get five seats in Toronto he'll insist on deputy leader.

Except that given the way Wynne is going, I am not sure if he needed Doug's support to achieve the same end. Unless Doug pulls a Trump and split the vote, of course.

AoD

This could be very interesting. Brown is trying to move the party leadership away from guys that think and talk like Doug. If he decides to take Doug on board, he'll be looking over his shoulder the entire time. Plus I don't think he'd bring enough to balance out his negatives. But what do I know?

I don't think he does - he only talks like he does. It's a tone thing.

AoD

and the PC vetting process?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...y-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/?page=all

There were usually a number of dealers to choose from, some of them supplied by a mainstay at James Gardens – a young man with the hulk-like frame and mop of bright blond hair: Doug Ford. “Most people didn’t approach Doug looking for product. You went to the guys that he supplied. Because if Doug didn’t know you and trust you, he wouldn’t even roll down his window,” Justin said.

Brown is a very right wing guy (the most right wing of the contenders for party leadership). For all his "let's be nice" facade recently, I'm not buying it at all. He'd be worse than Harris if he got anywhere near power.

WTF is this lunacy? I think she's fallen off the wagon again:

Of course we would never ask taxpayers to pay one cent nice try Mr.Tory. my brother and other family members are all elelctric engineers who work for Bell. He is a genius who won awards around the world and was offered a house a cars triple the money but he chose to be with his family here in Toronto. Most of my friends tried open up a business but Canada will kill you in taxes so they moved to the US and are making millions and they don't have to work that hard at all because America supports small business and in Canada it's like communism government everything now I heard the newspaper and media want to be run by the government go Trudeau go you are a puppet for your crock liberals make me sick. So no thank you Tory you torched my husband with Blair just like Jesus and was buried on Easter. The truth will come out its my mission in life I love my country and will fight for it. Love Renata Ford.

Brown is a very right wing guy (the most right wing of the contenders for party leadership). For all his "let's be nice" facade recently, I'm not buying it at all. He'd be worse than Harris if he got anywhere near power.

He claims to have "evolved" on gay marriage and won't bring up the abortion debate.

Anyway, if he did go for that seat, I guess Mikey would go for Ward 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back